2 stroke bike options?

Hi All,

Don't want to hijack the tread but need some assistance...

This is my third post, I want to order a motor to start this new hobby, so please assist in clicking on the below link and confirm I'm buying the right one.. I think I will enjoy this new hobby, just need some start-up info ....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MOTO...99.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.mOlba6

I read all the threads in 4 days time, liked all the things to be done to a new machine, enjoyed the read, so lets-go...

Many thanks,
Andre

Yes, that looks like a generic kit. The only thing I would add is that it appears this kit does not come with a universal mounting bracket nor a muffler holder. For the advertised price, you can find similar kits on eBay from US sellers with those two and probably some other extras. Depending on your bike, most US bikes will need the mounting adapter and the muffler holder will save you many headaches.

Thanks for the reply bakeneko,

1. A universal mounting bracket? but the motor has 2x U-shape machined brackets, will this cause alignment / mounting trouble you think ? then i will search some more, for this same engine a mounting bracket ....
2. Muffler Holder, GOOD POINT, ha ha
3. do i need to order pistons / rings / bearings .... or is this widely available on the aftermarket ??? ( gaskets I'll make myself )
4. One more question, I do not have a front brake, I'll search the island and AliExpress for a good solution ....
5. ordering from the US would not be a good option as I am in Indonesia, I found a supplier foe $ 90 USD = http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...11.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.F9nZSC

Good day,
Andre

Sorry, I saw your picture and assumed you were in the US... :eek:

1. Most US made bikes have a larger bottom tube than China hence for US folks we will most likely need a mounting adapter. But, since you are in Indonesia, you might not need it. If your center, seat tube is the same size as your bottom tube than you probably do not need it.

3. It comes with everything that you will need to get started. During operation, you might have to replace the gaskets and bolts and nuts, but this stuff you should be able to easily find locally.

4. These kits will allow you to go about 30mph max stock. I would highly recommend both front and rear brakes or take it easy. The front brake has 70% of your braking power so it is important. I would just test your braking power with whatever setup you have slowly and be comfortable with the speed/braking before testing higher speeds.

Funny, and understandable .... I'm a world citizen live any country / work any country, ha ha belong nowhere and like to keep it that way ... worked a lot in New-Orleans area, liked it very much .

1, it looks like it will fit, if not I will re-drill the half-hole
3, i read all the newbie threads, and plan to follow all 12 or "more" points stated, including replacing and plastic steal cylinder studsbolts into the engine-block, gasket material etc ... that is fun to do .... all available here on our little island.
4, OK my bike is almost new and it looks strong .... the rear brake is the kick-back or reverse pedal brake, works good, tested it down-hill,,, Totally agreed on the front brake ....

i ride big motor-bikes my whole life, now i have a 106 inch Victory Jackpot Motorcycle so yes 70 / 30 is the ratio for braking you are correct, I will find it somewhere or somehow .... eventually I think this bike will be for my wife so it has to be top-notch ....

Sounds good. Follow as many of those points as you can do. The point I highly recommend is reinforcing the following nuts: both engine mounts, rag joint on rear wheel sprocket, chain tensioner, muffler mount. The engine vibration pretty much guarantee that some of the nuts will come off eventually without additional strength added. You can double nut, replace stock nuts with friction nuts, or use locktite glue. I am not sure which one is best. Since I double nutted my bolts, I haven't had one fall off in ~1k miles.

It is so hard to tell from a picture what you are getting.
Although the motors look the same, they are made by different manufacturers and not all parts interchange.
I have two 66cc engines and while the cylinders and pistons will interchange, sidecovers and clutch parts will not.
One engine is strong and will do almost 60kph, the other will only do 40kph and will not climb any sort of hill.
Hard to tell what you are getting. Look for Allen-head bolts rather than Philips screws.

As for gaskets, they are cheap for a complete set, buy extras when you get the engine so you have them and they fit.
They are a heck of a lot harder to make than the $5 the complete set costs.
I bought an extra complete cylinder/piston/head in case of any disaster. As it was, my filter let grit by, scoring the cylinder.
Buy a better air filter. Almost anything is better than the stock one. Lube everything very lightly. Use better plugs.
Plug to the rear or go colder. Make sure the tensioner is tight and aligned. A new high quality chain will not be regretted.
Smaller and lighter is better in most things to do with bikes. The cylinder head chamber could use some work.
32:1 oil is probably best, use high quality oil. Learn to "read" plugs to jet your carb. Float and needle will usually do.

Consider the kit to be just that. A simplistic experimental kit to teach you basic motor maintenance.
I came from KTMs and Japanese bikes. A world apart but I love my little China Girl.

Steve

Thanks a lot guys, hope you can assist a bit more ordering enough spares to last me a while.

After your guys input I contacted the supplier and got this PDF, and ordered the following spares to be shipped together with the new 80cc engine ... any thoughts adding or deleting s ???

Item on the attached list...
2. Cylinder cover (i think this is cylinder head?) = 1 piece
5. Cylinder = 1 piece
17. Small Helical Gear = 1 piece
34. Piston Ring = 2 set (this means 4 piece right?)
35. Piston = 2 piece
36. Piston clip = 1 set (this is 2 piece right?)
xx. Piston Pin Bearing = 1 piece (maybe this is item 39, but I am not sure)
60. Friction Plate = 1 set (is this the clutch assembly ?)
EDIT; AND 2 SETS OF COMPLETE GASKETS FOR THIS ENGINE

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-bicycle-engine-kit-for-bike/32374644211.html

Also I ordered a new carburetor; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...-2-Stroke-Gas-Motorized-Push/32327118604.html

and a fuel filter; http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...Out-Glass-Fuel-Gas-Line-Filter/783605700.html

Andre

Attachments

• 2 stroke 80cc.jpg
    2 stroke 80cc.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Hi Andre,
When I tried running with the plug forward, the engine got hot and detonated, damaging the head and headgasket.
I sanded the head flat (it had warped from heat and detonation) but it was too close to the piston now.
Using sandpaper held over a piston dome, I sanded more squish area into the head. Two strokes work better this way.
So now with an improved cylinder shape, I tried plug forward and rear again. Still overheated with plug forward.
My theory is with the body of the plug over the exhaust port, it runs hotter.
I'd suggest a colder plug might solve this but haven't tested it yet.

About your list,
I don't think you need: 17. Small Helical Gear and 60. Friction Plate
You might want extra; Chain Master link, woodruff key, and maybe a piston pin

Steve

Back