Colder than a well digger's....and I found 1/2 a pony!

Local time
5:14 AM
When warm, this latest build would just hit 30 and hold on my city street. 48 degrees now and she went to 33 mph and climbing nicely when I backed off. Residental area. I'm a diesel and 4 stroke
problem solver/restorer, antique tractors under 100 HP (exceptions made for Redpower). I've read of the theory behind temperature/pressure differentiations changing the power output on 2 smokes, but WOW. My older yd and the 66 flying horse didn't seem to change this much. Both were one piece head/cylinders. I did set a squeeze gap on this 49mm. My only gripe about this 49mm build is the sealing surfaces that resemble pencil leads.

When warm, this latest build would just hit 30 and hold on my city street. 48 degrees now and she went to 33 mph and climbing nicely when I backed off. Residental area. I'm a diesel and 4 stroke
problem solver/restorer, antique tractors under 100 HP (exceptions made for Redpower). I've read of the theory behind temperature/pressure differentiations changing the power output on 2 smokes, but WOW. My older yd and the 66 flying horse didn't seem to change this much. Both were one piece head/cylinders. I did set a squeeze gap on this 49mm. My only gripe about this 49mm build is the sealing surfaces that resemble pencil leads.
Sand them down with a sheet of sandpaper on a piece of glass, then you know for sure the surfaces are flat and even.

Amplifies the cold at speed!
Cold air is denser and gives a slight compression boost.

Sand them down with a sheet of sandpaper on a piece of glass, then you know for sure the surfaces are flat and even.

Cold air is denser and gives a slight compression boost.
Went to 1500 grit on the countertop (don't tell the wife) and annealed the aluminum gasket. She's not leaking, now. Outta the box, oh my! Whereas the little flying horse has been spot on reliable outta the box, this 49mm needed a pile of head work and gasket work just to pull itself down the road! Only paid $80 shipped, so who can complain?

If you want to know who I am, I'm just a guy who can read a manual. I have a high reading comprehension level.I have a couple trades Ive specialized in, I am a master electrician and never went to an apprenticeship, been employed off and on fixing tractors and implements and never took a shop class (farming with antiques does that to you). I really appreciate Internet forums, factory service manuals, Haynes, Chilton, I & T, etc.

If you want to know who I am, I'm just a guy who can read a manual. I have a high reading comprehension level.I have a couple trades Ive specialized in, I am a master electrician and never went to an apprenticeship, been employed off and on fixing tractors and implements and never took a shop class (farming with antiques does that to you). I really appreciate Internet forums, factory service manuals, Haynes, Chilton, I & T, etc.
I'm just a kid that likes wrenches and internal combustion engines lol

Back