can you mount a 2stroke on any sized bike frame ?

ari000113

Local time
8:12 PM
bought a 2 stroke kit . figured my bike is too small (14inch). The kit says in its manual that the bike i use is 25inch/61cm and 25cm wide tube. Is this really nessacary, because that's a huge bike. Would a 41cm frame work?
Im guessing if the frame is too small the engine can snap the frame. The 14 inch one cant even fit the engine, but the 41 cm can. Snug though.

bought a 2 stroke kit . figured my bike is too small (14inch). The kit says in its manual that the bike i use is 25inch/61cm and 25cm wide tube. Is this really nessacary, because that's a huge bike. Would a 41cm frame work?
Im guessing if the frame is too small the engine can snap the frame. The 14 inch one cant even fit the engine, but the 41 cm can. Snug though.
I can't make any sense at all out of your use of measurements to even begin to answer this, how about some pics of the bike you intend to use???... what brand is it???...is it made of steel hopefully???...because aluminum frames tend to crack and break, etc. etc. etc.

haha sorry man. So on my bike frame its labelled 14 inch (on the seat tube).
The manual i received says i need a 25 inch frame. Im guessing that just means the label on the seat tube. And the manual says 25cm width of frame, so im guessing thats the diameter of the seat tube.
I can opt for another bike i have that has 41cm labelled on the seat tube.
The bike im intending to use is a Trek brand mountain bike (14inch) and its pretty small. Its a V frame . The other bike is also a V frame but is thinner in tube width. I cant rememeber the brand sorry. Ive tried to fit the engine onto the smaller bike by just hovering it next to it, and it doesnt fit. So basically im wondering what is the cheapest alternative, meaning sized bike as larger bikes are more pricey

I don't know whats available in Australia for bikes but the beach cruiser style steel frames are the best I have found to accomodate these motors...Never use aluminum frames as they will crack and break due to the vibrations and stresses that a motor brings to a bicycle.

There are adaptations and changes that need to be made as well if your gonna have a safe and reliable bike at the end of it all so that you won't main or kill yourself on it...lol.

I use the Hyper beach cruiser myself as seen in this USA link below.

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

I then adapted things accordingly to make it stable and as safe and solid as possible with a braking system appropriate for the power and speed of these bikes as seen in this "tutorial" I have written in the link below...Coaster brakes will lockup and grenade on you and are considered unsafe to use for motorised bike builds.

The Pic above is the Hyper Beach Cruiser as it comes out of the box, The pic below is what it is now since I built my present bike.

DSCN0229.JPG

haha sorry man. So on my bike frame its labelled 14 inch (on the seat tube).
The manual i received says i need a 25 inch frame. Im guessing that just means the label on the seat tube. And the manual says 25cm width of frame, so im guessing thats the diameter of the seat tube.
I can opt for another bike i have that has 41cm labelled on the seat tube.
The bike im intending to use is a Trek brand mountain bike (14inch) and its pretty small. Its a V frame . The other bike is also a V frame but is thinner in tube width. I cant rememeber the brand sorry. Ive tried to fit the engine onto the smaller bike by just hovering it next to it, and it doesnt fit. So basically im wondering what is the cheapest alternative, meaning sized bike as larger bikes are more pricey
Here bikes mostly are measured at the seat tube, from the bottom bracket weld to the top of the tube. Not the seat post. 14in is a very small V in the frame, almost like a kids or BMX bike.

Back