Buy 80cc or 100cc?

No i mean how do I clean out metal shavings? File them down? Dremel? Sandpaper? Do I need to be careful about overfiling. What grade sandpaper do I use
Well, if you want to go crazy, you take te entire thing apart, split the cases, and then scrub and clean out the engine with a solvent. I am sure you aren't comfortable with that, so the next best option is to flush it out. I will use mineral spirits. I fill up the crank case, swish it around, spin the crank, and basically just try to loosen all the trash inside the engine, and then I pour it out into a big bowl or bucket. Then if you want to not waste said mineral spirits you can pour it back into the container it came out of. Just make sure to put a coffee filter into the funnel. so you can strain out all the crap you just washed out of the engine and then the mineral spirits are good to go again.

Some people will use 2 stroke premix gasoline to do this too. I don't because I like to take less risk with the whole flammable aspect of things, but it does work well.

I also clean the rings, piston, and cylinder.

Then just make sure to lubricate all of those same parts during assembly.

Well, if you want to go crazy, you take te entire thing apart, split the cases, and then scrub and clean out the engine with a solvent. I am sure you aren't comfortable with that, so the next best option is to flush it out. I will use mineral spirits. I fill up the crank case, swish it around, spin the crank, and basically just try to loosen all the trash inside the engine, and then I pour it out into a big bowl or bucket. Then if you want to not waste said mineral spirits you can pour it back into the container it came out of. Just make sure to put a coffee filter into the funnel. so you can strain out all the crap you just washed out of the engine and then the mineral spirits are good to go again.

Some people will use 2 stroke premix gasoline to do this too. I don't because I like to take less risk with the whole flammable aspect of things, but it does work well.
Scrub or soak? Can I scrub it with iron wool or very bad idea. As for the ports, if there's any sticking out metal bits, use sandpaper?

Half round files wok the best.
1709330176429.png

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Scrub or soak? Can I scrub it with iron wool or very bad idea. As for the ports, if there's any sticking out metal bits, use sandpaper?
I don't know what it is, but it sure seems like the factories cannot make an iron sleeve to match the cylinder exactly. Not only that, it looks like the port holes are just randomly punched in.

Take your cylinder off, and file it, take your time and just resize the liner to the same size as the cylinder. Then wash it all up and get all the filings off.

The pexmor or the CDH 100cc are a good engine. They need some port cleanup work. But also with a bit of work, they are a screaming demon.
I'm looking at getting a cheap 66/80cc OR a 100cc motor kit on amazon for my secondary, old bike.

Will a 100cc motor be less reliable than an 80cc, and will it be harder to find replacement parts?

This is the 100cc engine I have picked out on Amazon: PEXMOR 100cc Bicycle Engine Bike Motor Kit, 2 Stroke Gas Motorized Bike Conversion Kit, Gasoline Petrol Bicycle Motor Refit Full Set for 26-28" Bikes with V-Frame,Super Fuel-efficient https://a.co/d/fsiS2RN
It has the highest ratio of reviews to total sales

And if I were to get an 80cc engine, it would be: Seeutek PK80 80cc Bicycle Engine Kit 2 Stroke Gas Motorized Bike Motor Kit Upgrade with Speedometer https://a.co/d/4r3J2we
A Seeutek, which has some history in this forum of being reliable.

I would prefer the 100cc, but if it's really just a bad idea, for one reason or another, please let me know.
I just did a build with a Pexmor 100cc. My son also built his bike with a Pexmor. So far, very reliable and well performing!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back