Weekend Plans!

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
2:55 PM
Let us see what I can get done this weekend. No replacement part to fix anything broken... BUT! I got:

A Steel frame Hyper Cruiser (New in Box)
26 x 2.15" Kevlar tires and puncture resistent tubes (New in Box)
Some mag wheels with 36 tooth sprocket and brake rotors with standoffs and calipers (New in Box)
Double pull brake lever (New in Box)
Zeda Firestorm 80 Kit (5 hours on it... BUT I PUT THAT BACK IN A BOX TOO just to keep things consistent)
What I don't have... brake cables and housings. I'll have to make a trip to the bike shop tomorrow without brakes and see if they can gimme some custom length cuts. I have a Saturday-only community bike shop where people volunteer work or DIY and pay for parts used about 2 blocks from me. I know they have cables and housings in bulk rolls from previous experience there.

Wish me luck!

Let us see what I can get done this weekend. No replacement part to fix anything broken... BUT! I got:

A Steel Hyper Cruiser frame (New in Box)
26 x 2.15" Kevlar tires and puncture resistent tubes (New in Box)
Some mag wheels with 36 tooth sprocket and brake rotors with standoffs and calipers (New in Box)
Double pull brake lever (New in Box)
Zeda Firestorm 80 Kit (5 hours on it... BUT I PUT THAT BACK IN A BOX TOO just to keep things consistent)
What I don't have... brake cables and housings. I'll have to make a trip to the bike shop tomorrow without brakes and see if they can gimme some custom length cuts. I have a Saturday-only community bike shop where people volunteer work or DIY and pay for parts used about 2 blocks from me. I know they have cables and housings in bulk rolls from previous experience there.

Wish me luck!
Without brakes but before I install the engine kit.

How much in total have you spent soo far? And what's the expected total outcome of this build when it's finished?
Depending how far he goes with it, your talking between 6 to 8 hundred dollars for a build like this...He is essentially building one like mine using the same Hyper bike, mag rims, disk brakes, Zeda 80 motor, lights, horn, mirrors, kevlar tires, self sealing ultra thick tubes, speedometer, bike stand, etc. etc....Here is mine below to give you an idea what he has in boxes and what he is building...DAMIEN

Ps...Figure the high side of that dollar amount and more when you also include things like baskets, rear carrier, and the tool roll bag on the handlebars as well as the carrier bag in the rear and the aftermarket low profile airfilter, changing the seat to a more comfortable one, etc. All in all, You could easily hit a grand with present day prices.

IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

My bike will look like Damien pictured but with different wheels and no cargo carrying capacity. My wheels are the same as the ones in my avatar.

Price list
Frame $148... I have a Cranbrook that is great and almost identical and the same price. Great bikes. But they come in a teal blue/green color. This one comes in black
Eng. Kit $190 +/- 10
Wheels with drive and brake components $170
Tires and Tubes $75~
Brake Handle $15~
Mirrors $15
I have a bunch of lights that I can transfer between bikes.
Freewheel $18 -- know what... I just realized, that has not arrived yet.
Oh and adapters to mount disc brake calipers... $26 for the pair

A lot of the new bike out of the box will never be used, like the wheels and tires and other parts. I can use those for parts on regular bicycles when a person can use a hand.

After typing all this I wish you hadn't asked that question...

The expected outcome is not using my diesel truck as a daily driver.

Also, the Hyper brand frame has rear dropouts I like. They get wide right away and run straight. Allows a lot of room for stuff. Most bikes have tapered dropouts. On my other bikes, I had to mess with rotor spacing on the rear wheel to keep it from hitting the frame. I am hoping the straight dropouts are a big improvement.

Depending how far he goes with it, your talking between 6 to 8 hundred dollars for a build like this...He is essentially building one like mine using the same Hyper bike, mag rims, disk brakes, Zeda 80 motor, lights, horn, mirrors, kevlar tires, self sealing ultra thick tubes, speedometer, bike stand, etc. etc....Here is mine below to give you an idea what he has in boxes and what he is building...DAMIEN

Ps...Figure the high side of that dollar amount and more when you also include things like baskets, rear carrier, and the tool roll bag on the handlebars as well as the carrier bag in the rear and the aftermarket low profile airfilter, changing the seat to a more comfortable one, etc. All in all, You could easily hit a grand with present day prices.

View attachment 164585View attachment 164586View attachment 164587
Lol go ahead & tack on a couple hundred more dollars, lol I told myself I could build a nice bike for $1000. Not, Lmfao & another $800 on top of the $1000 i spent.🤪😂🤣 I have a nice bike that I'm still not finished with yet.

Back