First Build Finished Just in Time For Winter...

I just finished messing with the rear wheel got it as centered as possible and added a washer to the axle on the engine chain side to move the frame further from the chain. I can push my chain up about 1 1/2" inches now so by straightening my wheel out I got more slack in the chain again 🤦‍♂️ I ordered one of those spring loaded tensioners since the one that came with my kit never road in line with my chain and was always putting pressure on the side of the chain. Painted the frame with a silver sharpie so it doesn't rust too. At least this hobby gives me little projects to do all the time 🤣
If the chain is riding a bit across the tensioner, put a big adjustable wrench on it and give it a little twist to line it up with the run of the chain.

I just found out my jets arrived a couple days ago 🤦‍♂️ Must be in the mailbox. Might swap in the 68 jet tomorrow but our run of abnormally warm weather looks to be coming to an end ☹️ -17 by friday

Screenshot_20240106_235958_AccuWeather.jpg

It was cold here today, but not that cold lol
At least I should have my bike dialed in by the time spring comes around. My dad is interested in getting an engine kit so I might get to build another one soon. Wouldn't mind trying a 4 stroke kit. Would be sweet having 2 bikes so friends could ride with me

I just found out my jets arrived a couple days ago 🤦‍♂️ Must be in the mailbox. Might swap in the 68 jet tomorrow but our run of abnormally warm weather looks to be coming to an end ☹️ -17 by friday

View attachment 205649
I saw the TD Bank North symbol on your weather app...That was my favourite bank when I lived in New Hampshire...You would be surprised how many people in the U.S. never realise it is a Canadian bank entitiy...(To those that don't know, TD = Toronto Dominion)

Today is the last hurrah for going for a ride, it is -4c now and supposed to warm up to +4c. After today we are headed for a cold snowy spell for the foreseeable future. -10c and snow.

I guess those carbon taxes are working. Lol.

I need to set up a choke cable. My bike starts right up on full choke but won't stay running for long and by time I reach the choke lever it has stalled. So I'm going to route a cable up where I can get to it easy.

Back