Any suggestions on my new build?

I can attest to that as well, I was originally going to change it because I was used to button locks, but got used to the lever lock very quickly and now see no reason to change it.
I just don't like them because on the newer ones there's no stopper to stop the trigger from going all the way out. Plus, I think it would be nice to have the chrome and black design match the dual brake lever. I've heard some of the older designs have a stopper on them so I would give it a try if I get one of those. However, I will use the trigger-lock that came with it until I get enough money to get a push-lock. If I like it I definitely won't waste my money on another one.

I just don't like them because on the newer ones there's no stopper to stop the trigger from going all the way out.
Yeah, in the beginning, that was offputting to me as well, fortunately, "muscle memory" in the hand comes into play to know when ya got it just right, almost like when I reworked my trigger on my .357 magnum to a one pound pull...lol...I like things nice and light and tight...lol.

I just don't like them because on the newer ones there's no stopper to stop the trigger from going all the way out. Plus, I think it would be nice to have the chrome and black design match the dual brake lever. I've heard some of the older designs have a stopper on them so I would give it a try if I get one of those. However, I will use the trigger-lock that came with it until I get enough money to get a push-lock. If I like it I definitely won't waste my money on another one.
I have not had that issue with mine either. I guess I got a rare good one. I can pull it all the way back and pull the trigger back with it and it never jams or goes past.

anytime you take a bicycle and try to turn it into a motorcycle .. you find you want better brakes and tires, issues with..
keeping the chain in line,, and those rubber spoke adapter drive gear are a pain,.. they have gears that mount to the hub( hub adapters, and disc brake adapters for drive gears.. anyway..the build can be half the fun...I guess.. you get to customize to your desire, good luck have fun,,

Hello, my name's Noah. I'm 17 and new to the forum. I am currently working on a new motorized bike build. I just ordered a 26" Huffy Rock Creek mtb and it should be here soon. I am planning on saving up to buy a Wildcat PK80 kit. To finish it all off I will install turn signals, mirrors, a Cateye Velo 7 bike computer, a dual brake lever, and a combo gear shifter/ brake lever to retain the front gear system ( I will use the brake lever as a clutch lever). I will then take the lip off the left grip to easily access the left gear shifter. I will also swap the cdi wire for an NGK one I have. Aswell, I will drill a quarter-inch hole in the exhaust cap and air box to slightly improve performance.
The Wildcat PK80 kit already comes with a 41t sprocket, 415H chain, and higher quality parts. Any thoughts/ suggestions for my new build?View attachment 190169View attachment 190170
Whenever I do a MTB, I remove the front shifter and just put the chain on the easiest pedaling sprocket.

Whenever I do a MTB, I remove the front shifter and just put the chain on the easiest pedaling sprocket.
I usually remove all the shifters, but I think it'd be nice to be able to switch all the gears, making pedaling faster and more practical, especially for starting. Changing the front gears would be able to provide more speed and comfort when pedaling home, in case I run out of gas or the motor breaks. There has definitely been times when I wish I would've kept the gear shifters. On the flip side, removing the gear shifters definitely cleans up the build, especially the handlebars. As well, in some builds the motor mounts get in the way of the front derailleur. I may have to do that.

Back