Motorized bike build

In this video the speaker says there must be a gap between the two halves of the sprocket adapter, I'm wondering if this is due to mismeasuring the hub and ordering the wrong size sprocket adapter?

I'm wondering what sized sprocket adapter I'd need for the Hyper Cruiser, I was told it was a 1.5", but I want to make sure there is the gap that is described in the video

Anyone using a rag joint with a lot of success I.e. high miles?

I've heard one trick is two wedge zip ties around the inner orifice of the rag joint adapter to help align it somehow.
Any additional tips for installing a rag joint?

What about the hub adapter? I'm wanting to go with a hyper cruiser bicycle and a sprocket adapter but I'm worried it won't align properly, does anyone have advice on this? How about know where I could get a 48t sprocket adapter, or, do you think a 44t would get me (350lbs) up a medium grade hill?

Any tips for the installation of the sprocket adapter? I'm worried about ordering the wrong size sprocket adapter and having to sand it down so it fits snuggly

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I haven't used a hub sprocket adapter yet but makes sense to lining up the rear sprocket to the motor as you can slide it on the hub to find the right spot to mount it.
So far in my limited experience ( I've done three) of just bolting the sprocket to the disc brake hub doesn't work as the sprocket is too far out board.

What has to happen is the sprocket has to be moved closer to the wheel with an off set spacer. There are several ways to do this. Here is an example.

Attachments

• SproketMod.jpg
    SproketMod.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 24
  • RagJointHardware.jpg
    RagJointHardware.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 24
To go along with that, also keep in mind why I will never use a Cranbrook frame ever again.

When I had the Seeutec 80cc on it, my frame eventually just snapped on the Cranny because the thickness of the tubing was lacking when it came to be able to take normal engine vibrations, my weight of 220 or so pounds on it i am sure wasn't helping it either plus the bike when I was done with it weighed in at 80 or so pounds all by itself.

That is why I went to the much better made, thicker tubed and better welded Hyper beach cruiser instead.

But no one ever seems to listen until they find out the expensive hard way through the school of hard knocks...I for my part will let them do so whilst I sit here and watch it happen...I love to be entertained...lol...lol.
We love being entertained by your posts too, capiche?

Which motor is the YD100?

Is there a big bore kit for this?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 9.58.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 9.58.01 AM.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 18
You do realize a jerry can full of gas, a quart 2t oil, is a lot cheaper and better for your new engine than those pre-mix. I think the lowest mix ratio is 40:1, too high for MBs.
I heard that 40:1 was a good ratio for motorized bikes.

I plan to buy a bottle of the premixed 40:1 to get me up to the gas station, I'm kind of stranded at the moment.

I heard that 40:1 was a good ratio for motorized bikes.

I plan to buy a bottle of the premixed 40:1 to get me up to the gas station, I'm kind of stranded at the moment.
40:1 is way too thin for these engines, ESPECIALLY new ones.

You can get pre-mix and add oil to get 20:1 which is what you should run for the first gallon or so, then move to 32:1.

I'll likely be going with this gas can, it is 1.3 gallons
Going 40:1 "cradle to grave"

1.3/40 = .0325 gallons

so I'm thinking I need .0325 gallons of 2 stroke oil for my container, or 123 mL's

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 11.36.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 11.36.20 AM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 6
I carry NONE of those things even though I am in the high desert with goatheads and mesquite thorns strung out everywhere including the roadways.

I run Kevlar tires and slime filled double thick tubes and have had zero flats or leaks ever since I discovered they existed around 10 years ago now.

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Comfort-Glide-Bike-Tires/dp/B0012RJSXK?th=1&psc=1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...6-x-1-75-2-125-Bike-Inner-Tube-30081/49455299
do those kevlar tires and tubes use a tire liner? Do they fit the Hyper Cruiser?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back