so i bought a set of 10 spoke mag wheels from cdh power can someone help me figure out what else i need

newt92183

Local time
3:54 AM
So Im having problem stopping along with wheel vibration, my set up is as follows on my main ride, kent bayside 2600 metal frame 26in bicycle, has rim brakes

and my motor setup is a ported yd 100, with hp carb, currently 44 tooth rag joint sprocket and factory rims and tires, have added a dual hand brake to try and help along with costliest sets pads walmart currently offers btw are junk. anyways I know mag wheels are not the best choise but were my best option on ebay were i had no choise but to do my shopping at the time.

I added pics of the listing I bought thats currently in route to me hoping there here tomorrow sept 21 for my 40th birthday, first one in over 20 yrs drug free so this is my treating my self for my hard effort down this long and somewhat lonely road I chose to walk down finally, any how Im having trouble finding out all stuff I need.

list of stuff I know I need is front and rear disc adaptors for my bike as it sets rim brakes are all she has im hoping the aluminum bibe berry adaptor will work for this but dont know.

amazon made me a vine voise (who would of guessed) sop i have 2 sets of brake disc rotors coming one is 160mm other 180mm both work with my mag rims or supposed to. brake cables for new disc brake calipers.
need to fig out front and rear brake calipers

biggest issue is understanding the bicycle chain side stuff kit supopposedly comes with motorized bike cog and its adaptor.
and lastly a front caliper bracket

Guys and gals if any inhere atm, I know my posts a mile long, and I know Im asking a lot from strangers but thats just it we may be strangers but I have read many many of hours through this forumn along with watching youtube and surfing the web, but if theres any things that you bike gurus know and will share with me i would be forever thankful,

and last Its weird but I wanted to add this. last couple yrs of trying to get to this point of sobriety, or this llong of a run in sobriety, I can honestly say this, this hobby of ours may no strike that, this hobby of ours is whats gave me the power and will to keep going its all to easy to fall back into the drug game life however want to address it, esp coming from a rural place like I am from. many nights I sat here reading and studying all you guys work on here and it helped keep me away from the places I wanted to be done with and atm I find myself in a good place, shoot I dont know of any druggies around here would drop over 150 into tires and rims and abiout to drop another 120 into remaining pieces needed.

thanks and again sorry for long posts this makes twice, please go easy on me admin.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-19 194445.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-19 194445.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2023-09-20 184720 forum.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-20 184720 forum.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-09-20 184843 forumn 2.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-20 184843 forumn 2.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2023-09-20 184936 forumn 3.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-20 184936 forumn 3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Happy early birthday and congrats on the accomplishment. I'm glad you found this place and that we've helped you in more ways than just your bike. Mag wheels are the best semi affordable option. Once you get the parts in and start assembly is when questions will arise and be answered much easier

Wheel vibration, does the tire have a direction or rotation, Front tire might be on backwards
was taking them off earlier in antisipation, and the front innertube has what looked like pimples on it never seen any thing like it, id post a pic but we all got that one uncle, good bad broke wornout, if its free he wants it, sadly to an lesser extent im same way with a lot things, but my risky days are behind hopefully if i got the money to afford to ride safely im gonna sure try. anyways no clue if bumps played a major roll or not axle was def dry of grease. bikes only 4 months old , were i got 2 of them decked out neithers completly through 2 tanks each

was taking them off earlier in antisipation, and the front innertube has what looked like pimples on it never seen any thing like it, id post a pic but we all got that one uncle, good bad broke wornout, if its free he wants it, sadly to an lesser extent im same way with a lot things, but my risky days are behind hopefully if i got the money to afford to ride safely im gonna sure try. anyways no clue if bumps played a major roll or not axle was def dry of grease. bikes only 4 months old , were i got 2 of them decked out neithers completly through 2 tanks each

Maybe the tube got twisted in the tire, The valve stem may of been crooked, or the tire wasn't seated properly
This all could be due to that funny shaped pimply inner tube Make sure the tire don't have uneven tread wear
Ya may just need a new tube and or tire
BTW grease the wheel bearings and adjust the cone nuts before ya ride again
The headset bearings probably needs to be greased & adjusted too
But since the wheel bearings were dry only after 4 months ya should probably grease the crank bearings too
The bike was probably sold with not enough grease in all the bearings so grease everything

Chinese manufactures only put about a BB size of grease in the bearings or sometimes none at all
So it's a good practice to grease all the bearings of a new bicycle

Congratulations on your sobriety!!! I know how hard it can be. I'm 3 years sober myself. Been through detox and rehab a bunch of times.
You stated that you got a 180mm brake for the rear wheel. I'm pretty sure you will need a 203mm to be able to clear the rear sprocket

Congratulations on your sobriety!!! I know how hard it can be. I'm 3 years sober myself. Been through detox and rehab a bunch of times.
You stated that you got a 180mm brake for the rear wheel. I'm pretty sure you will need a 203mm to be able to clear the rear sprocket
That is correct, in order to have proper clearance in most cases, the smallest rear disk brake rotor is a 203 mm whilst using a 36 tooth sprocket...It is just enough room for the caliper to fit without hitting the chain and sprocket setup as seen in pics below of my bike.

DSCN0346.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

I was always skeptical of a 36T sprocket. I didn’t want too much load on my engine. Surprisingly, these engines, if set up correctly, handle the 36 well.
I finally gave in and started running rear disc when I got the Gemini wheels.
Stay strong and NEVER give back in to substance abuse. It strips a person of all and everything.
I have a step kid been courting the devil off and on for about 10 years. Sooner or later he’ll come calling for her.

Edited

Maybe try a set of better quality V brake pads. They’re longer than the caliper pads.
NOPE, NOT with mag rims...This is the universal warning from the folks that sell these rims after a number of law suits.

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM.

Back