Velosolex Build

So a few pics to prove I survived building this dang thing. Still have decals and engine guard to install. Figured
do them after it runs.

Its what I guess you call near stock? Handlebars and controls are bicycle parts. The stock parts were too far gone or missing. It is what it is as they say.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpeg
    IMG_1022.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 78
Beautiful job, other than not having decals it looks brand new. Only someone with egal vision would be able to spot the imperfections such as the rust pitting that was on some of your parts.

Thanks GW!

Its completed now, but not finished. The old saying in homebuilt aircraft circles is it 90% finished after 10 hrs of flight time. I think this might apply here. Probably a few hidden goblins.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 79
Thanks GW!

Its completed now, but not finished. The old saying in homebuilt aircraft circles is it 90% finished after 10 hrs of flight time. I think this might apply here. Probably a few hidden goblins.
Nice job on the bike. I remember those from when I was a kid, and one or two other makes. Can't remember them off hand but one was yellow and one was orange, kinda square looking cylinders. They probably only did 20, 25mph tops but felt like 100 to a 10-12 year old.

Thanks Chainlube!

This captures the moment we must have all gone thru riding the first thing we got with a motor. No chain ride it anyway!

Yeah, I remember the first time I rode a go kart in a track, I had wanted one ever since. The first time I hopped on the mini bike I bought.

These bikes are so nice, I picked up anothet one last night, it probably has been sitting for 30 or more years. Everything was in tact, it was stored inside, Chrome on the wheels, headlight/tail light lenses, engine guards, all in great shape. I thought it would be a project. I cleaned the tank, un-plugged the fuel lines, primed the fuel pump, and it fired right up and purrs thike a kitten, motor has great compression. The smootheness and quietness of these motors are amazing, it did 22 mph on the high throttle, so I am happy. :)

Attachments

• Solex2.jpg
    Solex2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 69
Back