Doks Cafe Racer Build

That's very nice looking! Good balance of the motor in the frame. I'd move the tank closer to the head set but you are changing the tank any way.

""

She Verks! rode around for almost 4 hours. Guy at the gas station looked at me like an alien when i walked up to the counter and said, 3$ on pump 7. Now to wait for a good weekend to tear it all down and start paint/ fiberglass work. Thanks to everyone for the help.

@Chainlube yeah, it was. I reinstalled before I went out. was just alot easier having it off while i was constantly removing and re attaching the wheel.

So with out of the box tuning, I'm able to go 31mph with around 32:1, next jerrycan is going to be 40:1. I need to rejet the carb and cut the pipe out of the tail pipe cap. Getting wicked vibration at higher rpm. Probably going to try balancing the crank for the first time. Nervous as hell as I've never done that before. Also have a velocity stack stl to throw on the printer tonight

Would these jets fit the nt?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Phantoms are more like drag bikes, they like lots of oil, 25:1 is recommended after break-in.
Any less oil than 25:1 on a Phantom is a death sentence for these motors.

I will never understand why people keep wanting to use less oil on these Phantoms when it is totally necessary for cooling and lubrication protection for these motors...The same goes for the Avenger Motors as well.

I've been running 25:1 on my newest CG bike. It is still breaking in but there is no smoke at all, lots of power and seems to run cool.

That is on an old bottle of Esso semi- synthetic. I've never used so much oil before but why not? Some of the accumulated wisdom from this site is rubbing off on me. Lol.

Phantoms are more like drag bikes, they like lots of oil, 25:1 is recommended after break-in.
That's good to know! I used to run my old bikes at 40:1, didn't realise that this one needed more oil. So a zb80 is a bt80 and a phantom? Learning new stuff! Been out for a long while.

Also, I take it the jets are the right set for the stock carb?

Picked up a second hand exhaust for 30$. Way too late and way to loud to give it a proper test, but just from the quick pull I did down the street, seemed to get a bit more bottom and mid response. Tomorrow I rejet and hopefully start looking at a cheap slip on muffler.
20240412_214534.jpg

Back