Next 2 stroke build idea.

The s3x actually uses different splines on the cog than typical 3 speed hubs. I find it interesting just how much torque fixie riders put into the chain. Track cogs have reverse threaded lock rings with little teeth on them so that if braking by resisting the pedals is done the reverse rotation of the sprocket actually tightens the lockring. It will get you kicked out of the velodrome if you use a track cog on a regular freewheel hub because there isn't threading for a lockring.

Its in this thread somewhere but Cannonball used a 22 tooth sprocket used on the 8 speed SA hub and 410 chain for the entire systems. He drilled out holes to bolt the sprocket to the hub. Here's his post on how he ground china girl sprockets to size. https://motorbicycling.com/threads/cannonballs-abbynormal-3speed.58233/post-602138

most mid drive ebikes have freewheeling cranks, so it might even be possible to have regen braking if the controller is programmed to do so and a fixed gear drivetrain is used. I'd have to research that to say for sure, but the idea is interesting.

Some good presentations by Justin from Grintech on regen braking and multimotor systems. I really like the idea of a regen front and a middrive.

That is an interesting place to start. I like it.

A nice hub sitting on the floor waiting for a bike to be built around it. Cool. Or sick. Or dope. Or dank. Depending how old you are.
I didn't buy it to start this build. I have wanted one for a little while and just decided to pull the trigger. I am also infamous for just buying hard to find parts that I may not need, but have plans to use. If I can get them now, I get them now. The bike and the engine are the easy to source bits.

You forgot "wicked," "awesome," and "gnarly." I was also a fan of "Rad" and "Bodacious," but I grew up watching the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I didn't buy it to start this build. I have wanted one for a little while and just decided to pull the trigger. I am also infamous for just buying hard to find parts that I may not need, but have plans to use. If I can get them now, I get them now. The bike and the engine are the easy to source bits.

You forgot "wicked," "awesome," and "gnarly." I was also a fan of "Rad" and "Bodacious," but I grew up watching the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I watched them, Street Sharks and Gargoyles.

I've never said bodacious though, Too surfer Bra for this Midwesterner.

Back