Doks Cafe Racer Build

MadDokKustoms

Local time
5:22 PM
Hey all, first time back in the motorized bike scene in almost 10 years. Started to build my dream cafe racer. found a frame that i felt was perfect. However, now that I'm home, i found out that in order to clear the chain and crank I had to mount my engine higher then I thought. now the back motor mount does not even come close to reaching the frame. Could I just lop in a chunk of aluminum drilled out to fit threaded rod to bridge the gap?
20240401_181005.jpg
20240401_181110.jpg
20240401_181017.jpg
20240401_181012.jpg

Hey all, first time back in the motorized bike scene in almost 10 years. Started to build my dream cafe racer. found a frame that i felt was perfect. However, now that I'm home, i found out that in order to clear the chain and crank I had to mount my engine higher then I thought. now the back motor mount does not even come close to reaching the frame. Could I just lop in a chunk of aluminum drilled out to fit threaded rod to bridge the gap?
Use this as a front motor mount instead of what your using, your frame is a little different than most so this front mount I recommend will set you motor backward so you can fasten the rear motor mount appropriately.

It is much like my home made front motor mount as I did the same thing myself.

https://www.amazon.com/CDHPOWER-Sil...ront+motor+mount+40mm&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3

And this is my home made mount to show you why I did mine this way as well.

IMG_0319.jpg

DSCN0229.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The front mount is the easiest to customize. I made one similar to Damien's. Nice choice on the engine! Is it the BT80 or BT100?

Use this as a front motor mount instead of what your using, your frame is a little different than most so this front mount I recommend will set you motor backward so you can fasten the rear motor mount appropriately.

It is much like my home mad front motor mount as I did the same thing myself

https://www.amazon.com/CDHPOWER-Sil...ront+motor+mount+40mm&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3

And this is my home made mount to show you why I did mine this way as well.

The front mount is the easiest to customize. I made one similar to Damien's. Nice choice on the engine! Is it the BT80 or BT100?
Issue is, it i try to attach to the rear tube first, the carb hits the top of the frame :(

thats one clean clamp! and its a zoombikes 80-sr i believe

Thanks for the replies!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey all, first time back in the motorized bike scene in almost 10 years. Started to build my dream cafe racer. found a frame that i felt was perfect. However, now that I'm home, i found out that in order to clear the chain and crank I had to mount my engine higher then I thought. now the back motor mount does not even come close to reaching the frame. Could I just lop in a chunk of aluminum drilled out to fit threaded rod to bridge the gap?View attachment 211215View attachment 211216View attachment 211217View attachment 211218
You could hack a hunk of aluminum for the mount, or do what I did with a muffler clamp and a piece of square tube.
1712023735779.png

Muffler clamps at Canadian Tire are $3.50.

You could hack a hunk of aluminum for the mount, or do what I did with a muffler clamp and a piece of square tube.

Muffler clamps at Canadian Tire are $3.50.
Another idea! Im going to try this first, not going to lie, I really dig the position of where the motor is now. looks alot more filled out mid frame like that.

@DAMIEN1307 is there any harm to mounting the back like this if its a solid and flush to the frame mount? ( no gaps i mean)

Another idea! Im going to try this first, not going to lie, I really dig the position of where the motor is now. looks alot more filled out mid frame like that.

@DAMIEN1307 is there any harm to mounting the back like this if its a solid and flush to the frame mount? ( no gaps i mean)
I centered my motor, pretty much the same mount, front and back.

Back