Engine Trouble Two-Stroke Motor Suddenly No Idle

The 320-380 ohms is the reading you should get from testing the magneto.

The magneto is attached to the engine…the thing the magnet spins inside of.

If this is what tested 15 ohms it’s most likely bad.

Magneto pic..

Attachments

• IMG_6223.jpeg
    IMG_6223.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 28
When you test these components they should be unplugged and isolated from each other or the bike frame.

Some magnetos have 2 wires others have 3 wires.
If it has 2 wires then either meter lead to either wire
If it has 3 then one lead to black the other lead to one of the the other wires.
The ones with 3 wires, the white is usually not used. You can test across black/blue and black/white.

A compression test will tell if one of the pin clips got the cylinder.
Moreover, now I determined that the bike still has sufficient compression and fuel, and the spark plug emits a spark. However, the bike still refuses to start. In fact, I heard a loud popping sound, meaning that ignition takes place. At this point, I am once again uncertain what other aspects I should scrutinize to tackle this stubborn problem. Do you have any ideas?

Moreover, I can confirm that the bike has sufficient compression and fuel, and the spark plug emits a spark. However, the bike still refuses to start. In fact, I heard a popping sound, meaning that ignition takes place. At this point, I am uncertain what other aspects I should scrutinize to tackle this stubborn issue. Do you have any suggestions?
I had this issue as well check your stator it may have shifted causing your timing to be off.

Moreover, now I determined that the bike still has sufficient compression and fuel, and the spark plug emits a spark. However, the bike still refuses to start. In fact, I heard a loud popping sound, meaning that ignition takes place. At this point, I am once again uncertain what other aspects I should scrutinize to tackle this stubborn problem. Do you have any ideas?
I also had an issue with the magneto and cdi were sparking but not very strong so it would also only pop as well and in my case it turned out that both the cdi and magneto were bad and when I replaced them the bike started right up.

I had this issue as well check your stator it may have shifted causing your timing to be off.
Though the stator still looks really fine to me, I will look if it has shifted. How do I properly check and verify if it has shifted and is causing any timing issues?

Though the stator still looks really fine to me, I will look if it has shifted. How do I properly check and verify if it has shifted and is causing any timing issues?
You have to unscrew it and see if it has shifted off the woodruff key its on because without taking the nut off you cant visibly tell if it has shifted or not due to the nut covering the woodruff key.

You have to unscrew it and see if it has shifted off the woodruff key its on because without taking the nut off you cant visibly tell if it has shifted or not due to the nut covering the woodruff key.
Also don't forget if you do take a look at the magnet to set the engine at TDC to make sure your magnet lines up with the woodruff key and see if it has shifted off of it.

Back