Carby NT Idle problems

Mickey112233

Local time
11:29 PM
Hey All it's been a minute but I'm back with a problem with my idle on my Zelda 80 firestorm with a expansion chamber exhaust,stock NT carb and internals. I have the needle at top position,a #65 jet, the throttle cable is adjusted as recommended and it has the rubber cover installed,I have a O ring in the intake,tape around the intake to carburetor connection,a one piece machined aluminum intake with a new gasket. Off idle it runs beautiful all the way to WOT at 32mph,no 4 stroking and the spark plug is a nice tan color. It starts well even cold but refuses to idle, it's driving me insane anyone else experienced this and any advice is greatly appreciated.Keep the rubber side down and check back in a few 😀

Yes I took it all the way out and then put it in 11 turns still wants to idle very high,starts and runs fantastic though, has got me mystified, sprayed starting fluid found no leaks,cannot figure out

Hey Good Morning, do you mean visibly or by spraying around those areas? Just off the top of my head I have not seen any oil leaks ass I would suspect that would be an indication?, I greatly appreciate the time and advice you have been providing, Thank You

Hey Good Morning, do you mean visibly or by spraying around those areas? Just off the top of my head I have not seen any oil leaks ass I would suspect that would be an indication?, I greatly appreciate the time and advice you have been providing, Thank You
If you don't see any it is still a good idea to check with the spray can. Another idea is to take the carb off and re sear it in the O ring. Sometimes the O ring doesn't seal properly and you just have to pull the carb off and put it back on

Back