Engine Trouble Two-Stroke Motor Suddenly No Idle

Bary Kiddo

Local time
7:45 AM
Previously, I had a similar problem with the new 100cc two-stroke engine. Currently, I'm dealing with a separate challenge. My bike seemed to perform fairly well overall, however, I confronted an unexpected issue lately. After some idling, I took it for riding and eventually felt the motor slow down gradually. Eventually, it stopped entirely and refuses to restart. I simply drove it and suddenly it stopped. Moreover, the engine probably fails, and no longer idles. I'm wondering if anyone has a comparable scenario and can help me out. My primary focus is to fix it soon. I'm uncertain about the underlying cause, but I fortunately can tell that the ignition still is functional. Below is a picture of the spark plug, which is in order, and there’s a snapshot of the small slot where the spark plug is mounted within the engine, hoping this would be useful.
sparky.jpg
91d15cd4.jpg

Previously, I had a similar problem with the new 100cc two-stroke engine. Currently, I'm dealing with a separate challenge. My bike seemed to perform fairly well overall, however, I confronted an unexpected issue lately. After some idling, I took it for riding and eventually felt the motor slow down gradually. Eventually, it stopped entirely and refuses to restart. I simply drove it and suddenly it stopped. Moreover, the engine probably fails, and no longer idles. I'm wondering if anyone has a comparable scenario and can help me out. My primary focus is to fix it soon. I'm uncertain about the underlying cause, but I fortunately can tell that the ignition still is functional. Below is a picture of the spark plug, which is in order, and there’s a snapshot of the small slot where the spark plug is mounted within the engine, hoping this would be useful.
View attachment 209926View attachment 209927
So does the engine still have spark?

If a new engine slowly loses power and then won't start at all, it's most likely head bolts need tightening. Tighten them daily for the first while.
I believe it's highly unlikely that that motor lost its power solely due to the head bolts loosening during a smooth ride. These bolts are still tightened since the issue, and yet my motor still won't start anymore. I’m still not sure of the cause. Does somebody have any ideas?

I believe it's highly unlikely that that motor lost its power solely due to the head bolts loosening during a smooth ride. These bolts are still tightened since the issue, and yet my motor still won’t start. I’m still not sure of the cause. Does somebody have any ideas?
Magneto rotor came loose on the crankshaft./ shifted timing.

I believe it's highly unlikely that that motor lost its power solely due to the head bolts loosening during a smooth ride. These bolts are still tightened since the issue, and yet my motor still won't start anymore. I’m still not sure of the cause. Does somebody have any ideas?
There is what you "believe" and what you can actually confirm. Did you check them, yes or no? If you aren't going to work with us on trouble shooting the problem why even ask for help in the first place? Just go back to not knowing what you are doing and don't waste people's time.

The fact that you don't "believe:" they can come loose after 1 "smooth ride" proves that you know very little on how these engines can behave.

Fact: It DOES happen, we have seen it more than once. Maybe you didn't notice that TWO different people asked about it or mentioned it? That isn't a clue for you?

If it didn't, great, we can move on to further trouble shooting. If yes, tighten them using a torque wrench to 144 inch-pounds. Then, if it solves the problem, YAY! If it doesn't it eliminates another variable from the equation. This helps prevent us, and you, from chasing ghosts.

I won't help if you aren't willing to even do the most basic stuff like confirming that 4 head bolts are torqued properly. If that is too much work for you then you just aren't worth my time. Good luck with your problem.

Back