Stranded with a seized motor

Philips screw did not come out. I loosened it and of course it moves freely, but it did before.

It moves with the clutch pulled, just not with the clutch engaged.

This is not moving at all
Do you have a 5mm hex key to turn the crank over where the small bevel gear is? (The small gear in the photo) Remove your clutch plate or loosen it otherwise it's going to move the bike forward.

Just a heads up, Pexmor is the distributor of your 72cc, not a brand or type of engine.

To help you while stranded, do this.

Take off the clutch cover and see if A) The Philips screw in the clutch plate came out and as a result, tightened your plate.

I want you to remove the screw and loosen the crap out of the plate to see if it will move freely. I then want you to lock in your clutch lever, and on the magnet side (as it will be easier) see if you can move the crank by turning the nut. Assuming you have the stock M8 nut on the magnet, it will be a 14mm socket. You can also try this on the small bevel gear.

Try moving the crank manually once the plate is loosened damn near all the way.

Disengaging the clutch allows the crank to move freely without the bike moving, just as disengaging it allows the bike to move freely without moving the crank.
UPDATE: it moved a little bit, with a lot of force, what can you advise me to do now?

Do you have a 5mm hex key to turn the crank over where the small bevel gear is? (The small gear in the photo) Remove your clutch plate or loosen it otherwise it's going to move the bike forward.
Check my other comment

Turning this moves it a little bit

Attachments

• 17119264753307075300234757893323.jpg
    17119264753307075300234757893323.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 33
UPDATE: it moved a little bit, with a lot of force, what can you advise me to do now?

1) Disengage your clutch by pulling the lever in.
2) When you try to spin the crank manually either with a 5mm hex key on the small bevel gear or a 14mm socket on the magnet, the crank will spin and only spin the basket's teeth and not the center of the basket, the crank should spin freely due to having no compression with the cylinder removed.
3) Take a look at the magneto on the other side and remove the hardware to the cover. It will use a 3mm hex key, see if the magneto exploded or what's going on there.

Yep, I would guess the bump caused the coil to move and jam up the magneto rotor.

Level it out and try it again.

1) Disengage your clutch by pulling the lever in.
2) When you try to spin the crank manually either with a 5mm hex key on the small bevel gear or a 14mm socket on the magnet, the crank will spin and only spin the basket's teeth and not the center of the basket, the crank should spin freely due to having no compression with the cylinder removed.
3) Take a look at the magneto on the other side and remove the hardware to the cover. It will use a 3mm hex key, see if the magneto exploded or what's going on there.
Turning from the magnet side moves the crank, but not freely. I looked under my clutch cover again and I'm noticing some metal shavings that are probably stopping it from turning freely.

Attachments

• 20240331_181241.jpg
    20240331_181241.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 31
I've cleaned out some of the shavings, it's moving freely now, I'm going to clean it out more and then, I think, it should be good to go

Back