Texas Titan

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:D

Attachments

• Texas Titan.jpg
    Texas Titan.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Titan Kit.JPG
    Titan Kit.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 482
  • jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 446
  • new bike.JPG
    new bike.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 449
What would be amazing, we'll have to ask Duane, is if the future rack transmission could be used with this clutch pack. Just exchange this PTO for whatever he comes up with.

I never thought i would go rack mount, but this is so smooth you just fell like there isn't a motor back there. Even when I lean back and rest against the air cleaner.

I'm a big fan of blue. Perhaps i'll try and paint the red over with blue and see what happens.

2 more weeks Fetor. agonizingly long.

Crazy Idea?

I was showing off my bike in the parking lot here at work. Zipping up and down between the warehouses. Some guys saw me and got in their truck and drove over to investigate. One asked if it was a weedeater motor and if i drove to work on it. The city I work in makes it's revenue off of tickes so i don't ride my bike here, but one block away is actual Fort Worth.
Anyhow the guy suggested that i get an old weedeater and cut the pole off at the motor and have the cutting part sticking out the front of the bike and have the pole stop by the motor so it would look like i was just carrying a weedeater. A lot of people in this crappy little suburb/industrial part of town can be seen pushing yard tools down the street and I might fit in.

sounds cool to me, but under closer inspection the cops might catch the chain...

For $9.99 at wal mart, it's a good deal for my skinny rump. You know I rode 10 miles the other day and it never came to my mind, so it must be comfy enough for me not to gripe about. I kind of wish it had the springs under it like my other seats do and I wish it might be a few more inches longer. It's kind of like sitting on the edge of a bar stool, but since your feet are forward in the pedals, you can sit back. I like it better than a bicycle seat and am happy with no horn. It's 10 inches wide and 7 inches front to back and it's contoured to the but.
The price went up from $19.45 to $20.45... darn US economy!! Either way, I love the seat. Usually, I wouldn't like a seat without a horn... but when you said it was contoured to my bum, I had to try it. I've been riding it for a while now and love it!! I could use the extra 1 1/2" on each side of the Park Bench seat.... but, the contoured shape is a must for me. Pedaling is pretty easy from this seat too, as long as I scoot up just a tad.

Thanks for the recommendation, Scott!! Better for my nuts than Loctite!

Improvements

Well I moved the motor back according to Duane's instructions, I'll post in the rack mount thread for that.
I put on some BMX bars so I don't have to bend over, plus I get an extra bar for gadgets and refelctors. They also off set the size of the motor.
I installed a mirror on the very outter end of the left handle bar. It does not vibrate at all:cool: I can see whats beind me and identify it at all times. The mirrors on my happy times made everything a blur.

I went for a 15 mile ride today and passed a guy and gal on a BMW motorcycle. He followed me for a while then caught up with me and yelled "NICE!" It was so cool.:D

I still like the seat a lot, but it was about 90 today and my bum was getting toasty on that leather.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 317
That thing is darn sweet scott, it looks a lot better now that the engine is set back from the seat a bit. Good to know the titan rack is that versatile. So when are you gonna get a sweet lighting system on that puppy? :)

I was wondering too, How does the quality of the NEXT bikes seem? I was thinking of building a bike for sale and they're definitely on the cheap but I don't much like the idea of building something thats going to fall apart on any customer of mine. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
BMX bars are a MUST. Everyone eventually finds this out after many miles on conventional mountain bike bars.
I had to stare at that pic. That's AWESOME what you did!
I painted my cover yellow with that Krylon Fusion paint.
It was pretty effortless.

It looks from your pics u redrilled the base some 2.0" further towards the front allowing u to reposition the entire assembly some 2.0" further towards the rear.What affects did u notice Scott & why did u do it?

Scott !!

Scott. I had no idea my instructions were that good. You did an awesome job !! Level, Looks Awesome !!! And you are right. They are so smooth you can use your mirrors. Hey Scott. Email me your addy again. I want to send you an updated version of the Torque strap. It is the next size DIA up from what you have now. I have not had any problems with the current size, my intention is to keep it that way. So I had the factory step up to the next Diameter of threaded rod which makes them really stiff and no flexing. or minimal flexing. Also.. I can not find my bag of 45 springs for the clutch packs !!! I am so down. I had around 30 or so of them. A guy in Australia bought several Titans and the 45 springs. I wanted to ship him his kits next week, and now I can not find my bag of 45's !!! I am so Down. I will have to order all new 45 springs now. That may take a week or so to get them. I am going nuts.. Anyone want to go with me? Help !!! I need to go for a ride... That will help. I will get the Titans out that ship with the 55's. At least I can get those out. I must say, I am going crazy looking for that bag of springs !!! Darn it !!! Where are they? Shoot !!! I have all hands on deck and looking for that bag of springs.. I hope they appear soon. Also..I got my new gear box. This is totally new. I will attempt to use it on Titan and Super Titans for in frame Applications. This gear box is of the same design and technology as the Current Gear box for Titan. Except it is more slender, longer, and silent. And..It is to be as reliable as the Current Gear box PTO used in Titan. As you all know, this has been the killer for all the Current in frame 4 Strokes. If this gear box is what It seems to be, the it will be a revolution for the 4 stroke in frames. I may be able to adapt it to a carrier. This will reduce the carrier weight and no Jack shaft will be needed. The only drawback to this carrier design is that the motor will be flipped and carry a similar setting as all the others out there, carb to the back, exhaust to the front kind of thing.. We will see. This gear box is used for Industrial commercial use. It is a long life kind of thing. It seems to have the 5:1 reduction . I will have to adapt my 10 T to it and then make a mount. Once I get caught up on my Titan orders, I will begin the Install and then Test. I will keep you guys posted. If this works out, it will revolutionize the 4 stroke in frames. I am not kidding.. It will be copyrighted and all that stuff and be the only of its kind in the world. Just like the Current Titan. wish me luck.. And..Enjoy the ride... And..Scott.. Again.. I would like to say.. Awesome !!! Just Awesome !! You did an Awesome job !!!

Back