Magneto getting demagnetized.

lutchoj

Local time
7:58 AM
Hi! I have a 100cc 2 stroke bike and this year i've got a problem with the magneto. It's the thrid time that I change it because it got demagnetized. Wiring is ok, it's not touching anything when running, cdi is ok, apparentely everything is set-up fine. There is no grounding, I think.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? One fella who helped me to look for problems told me that he thinks cuz my bike is very heavy (I've made a lot of adaptations to carry grocery), when I'm running it's got too much potential energy and somehow (cuz i didnt understand what he was talking about) the magneto gets demagnetized. Does it make any sense to you? Thanks a lot for any help and attention.

Hi! I have a 100cc 2 stroke bike and this year i've got a problem with the magneto. It's the thrid time that I change it because it got demagnetized. Wiring is ok, it's not touching anything when running, cdi is ok, apparentely everything is set-up fine. There is no grounding, I think.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? One fella who helped me to look for problems told me that he thinks cuz my bike is very heavy (I've made a lot of adaptations to carry grocery), when I'm running it's got too much potential energy and somehow (cuz i didnt understand what he was talking about) the magneto gets demagnetized. Does it make any sense to you? Thanks a lot for any help and attention.
try switching your cdi

I already switech it. It's a new one. I'm thinking about buy a new starter kit, mine is a chinese classic no brand no nothing. lol. But anyway, itś really strange to see the magneto get demagnetized.

my theory, off the top of my head, maybe it's running too hot, heat can demagnetize magnets, although ferrite magnets demag at almost 500 degrees F, that's serious heat, maybe a crank bearing is bad, it's right on the other side of the case there, it might could get that hot thru friction

Back