Chain tensioner self destructed! Was GARBAGE quality to begin with...

I've been using the stock ones on an arc tensioner for a few years no problem, it can't be too tight, and needs to spin freely. I get the chain really close on set-up, this just acts a guide feeding the chain into the sprocket.

Dear Sir-Sorry to hear. Perhaps you received a defective bearing or one that wasn't lubed enough from the factory? Before my 49cc Grubbee powered Crambrook was stolen, I logged hundreds of miles on a roller bearing plastic idler wheel that was purchased online-Gearhead437

So the bearing totally fell out, and that wheel was loosely flopping around on just the remaining post. I'm lucky I didn't have a catastrophe.

It's a cheap awful POS part if the wheel bearing inside the spinning part just can fall out. I ordered probably the same cheap POS again, so I expect it to last no more than a few weeks total.. Problem is, none of the ones I have found look any better in quality? Even the "arch" type which cost twice as much, seem to have the same cheap wheel and bearing (from visual clues at least). This really angers me big time, how garbage the part was....

Is there one someone can recommend that won't simply fall apart? I also bought a chain breaker may be big enough to work with my chain, and I may be able to eliminate it, but I can't count on that.

Looks to me like I used to have a bearing held in a C clip that did not hold. I expect it's replacement to be as big a POS or worse, but I don't need my only powered transpo down too long, so I had to let Amazon rip me off no doubt, because the alternative is no riding it.

Does anyone know of a specific one worth getting, that you have actual experience with?

My bike is down until then which sucks cuz I had places to go today. Have to wait till tomorrow for the $12 garbage piece of crap, which will likely only buy me a few more days of riding, if I can't shorten the chain.
I ordered 2 with aluminum sprockets 1 was scrap counterbore for bearing out of round and the outer race on that bearing so thin walled it locked up in the out of round sprocket. I like the white plastic pulley with flanges

Back