Texas Titan

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:D

Attachments

• Texas Titan.jpg
    Texas Titan.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 517
  • Titan Kit.JPG
    Titan Kit.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 482
  • jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 446
  • new bike.JPG
    new bike.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 626
  • Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 449
You may have to disguise the engine with a milk crate or something fastboy. The bobbies may not be able to ignore the engine on your bike when it's exposed that much more than the HT.

Police "Mr. Mathews, the bike is fine but you are in possession of stolen property. That's a class C misdemeanor.":eek:

The cool thing is the handles make a good spot for the pull cord handle to stick through.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 207
I was thinking that, improving the muffler to make it super quiet; and perhaps disguising the engine as bicycle panniers. There should be a frame mount option too.

OMG Fastboy. That's it. I need to make a video with sound.

Dawg. This engine is so quiet,I'm not kidding. At regular speeds it sounds like an ELECTRIC.
You can TOTALLY cover it all up to look like you got a battery in there and an electric motor. Even cut out the top of a dead top post automotive battery,glue it on the top of whatever cover and get some battery wires and clamp it down bringing the wires into the box. In traffic you would have the authorities believing your bike is electric.
I gotta get my cheap e-bay camera together.
I need to make a video.

Just getting off the subject for a sec Scott how good & how wide & how much is that Schwinn seat...it looks rather comfortable?

My camera phone does sound video's. I'll see what that brings. Picture quality may be off but the sound may be okay.
I'm doing that 60 miler today.
Last day of the month.
I'll have it in my Downtown Denver thread in Traveling by Motoredbike.

Just getting off the subject for a sec Scott how good & how wide & how much is that Schwinn seat...it looks rather comfortable?

LOL, I am the master of Rabbit trails and Off Topic. It makes the thread fun.

For $9.99 at wal mart, it's a good deal for my skinny rump. You know I rode 10 miles the other day and it never came to my mind, so it must be comfy enough for me not to gripe about. I kind of wish it had the springs under it like my other seats do and I wish it might be a few more inches longer. It's kind of like sitting on the edge of a bar stool, but since your feet are forward in the pedals, you can sit back. I like it better than a bicycle seat and am happy with no horn. It's 10 inches wide and 7 inches front to back and it's contoured to the but.

$9.99?!? I must try one. I'm pretty skinny too, but the ParkBench seat still seems like it'd be more comfortable. $30+more comfortable?? Doubtful.

Does anybody know if you can make that motor look more like an old motorcycle motor?

Can the shroud come off? I guess there is probably a big flywheel fan underneath it, it might not look any better with it off.

Maybe paint the shroud silver and paint fake fins on it?

I'm waiting for the rackmount version. My bike sort of looks old fashioned so it would be nice if it looked like an old motor. The red color definitely has to go, first thing.

@skyl4rk
The first thing i'll be doing when i get mine is to paint the shroud black but it's not practical,or clever,or advisable to remove it completely cos as well as concentrating cooling it also protects the electrical system.
IF your going to wait for a frame mounted version my only advice is......BE PATIENT.

Back