tagalong and trailer pushers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with a 6.5 myself, they are less expensive and they offer alot more torque!

I've read other forums and I have heard VERY good things about those Lifan engines, and heak, for only $130 at HF brand new, you CAN"T go wrong with that.

whats the mpg on those?

Hey does anyone know what the mpg is like on those trailer pushers? i was just wondering if it compares at all to the HT engines. i got a new bike (a ross bryce canyon) and i really like it, and it was only 50 bucks, like new and he gave me an extra set of tires. i think it was a good deal, because i found another one on a different craigslist and the guy wanted 175 for it. after buying that, i probably wont ever buy another walmart bike. I was just debating whether to put on a HT or make a pusher. I guess there are good things and bad about each.

HT
pro-lightweight, easy to install
con-cheaply made, not as reliable

Pusher
pro-good quality, reliable
con-heavy, no freewheel, takes time to make.

I guess i'll keep my eyes open on craigslist for a good horizontal shaft motor. if i dont find one by the time school is over, i might buy a HT. i need to keep it without a motor while school is going because im not going to keep a motorized bike outside at the dorms.

Pusher mileage.... I have gone a good 30+ miles now on her and she has used less then half of a 3 quart fuel tank. Estimating 60 to 80 miles per gallon.

My pusher freewheels easily I think with the centrifugal clutch on it. I have towed it without the engine on and it is barely a drag I feel.

I think I am overwhelmed though by how simple the idea is and how well it works.....

I would estimate more like 80-100+MPG. Also higher gearing (more speed) and going moderate on the throttle gives you better MPG. I can drive around all day and barely ever use more than 1/2 a gallon riding 40-50+ miles going around town. (been looking for work using my bike and do a lot of riding)

I get funny reactions from gas-station people with my $1 and $2 gas fill ups at today's gas prices :D I've even done 70 cents hehehe :devilish:

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone mentioned it but....

A motoBob looks extremely easy to put together.

All you do is buy one of these kits from Wilderness energy (or more accurately a distributer) The better brush-less one is around $450.
http://wildernessenergy.com/index.php?cPath=24

Then buy a BOB and rebuild the hub of the back wheel.

In fact I'm sure thats how they made them.

Dunno if anyone mentioned it but....

A motoBob looks extremely easy to put together.

All you do is buy one of these kits from Wilderness energy (or more accurately a distributer) The better brush-less one is around $450.
http://wildernessenergy.com/index.php?cPath=24

Then buy a BOB and rebuild the hub of the back wheel.

In fact I'm sure thats how they made them.

What is a motobob? Do you have a picture or website for a motobob?

There is a decent bike pusher on you tube(put in IHARTPIE,in search on you tube) that will do or go almost anywhere.The pusher is called the Momo. He claims he made it and has said for some time he will start producing them.Nothing yet.Although it's cool and very abled,i think a better deal is just simply buying a mini bike and remove the front end.Reason is with the mini bike set up,you can carry things on top.

There is a decent bike pusher on you tube(put in IHARTPIE,in search on you tube) that will do or go almost anywhere.The pusher is called the Momo. He claims he made it and has said for some time he will start producing them.Nothing yet.Although it's cool and very abled,i think a better deal is just simply buying a mini bike and remove the front end.Reason is with the mini bike set up,you can carry things on top.

I've seen the "momo bike" on youtube... and he is selling it!

On one of the remarks of his videos he has it priced at something like ~$499 or so.

I little bit too expensive for whaat it looks like to be made of... just my two cents

I'd like to add,the 6.5 Lifan engines that HF sells,do go on sale a few times a year.They were just on sale for 99.00.Can't beat that.There are a few people at oldminibikes.com that use them and state they have had no problems with them.Honda parts are supposed to be interchangeable too.

Tim

Interesting web page shows, among other things, trailer pusher bike idea goes back a long way.

Look in the museum for hours worth of interesting reading and sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back