Carb clearance, intake length and muffler

I solved the carb clearance by using a G2 reed valve that i had lying around and used that for the intake (without the actual reeds inside). Tried it and there are no air leaks and runs the same as it did with the stock intake.
As it was raining and couldnt work outside i decided to weld together an exhaust using old lawnmower handle bars and the stock muffler at the end. Couldnt really try riding that much because of the rain just went down the driveway and torque feels a little better then with the stock exhaust. Sound is a lot better even with the cap on tho! Sounds like an actual moped now and not a chainsaw. Will ride a a little bit with it and see how i like it and if i will need more torque just have the cap off and not use the stock exhaust because i like the look of the long exhaust. Just need to weld on a hanger, finish up the welds and paint it.
Hopefully i will have the carb jetted by the end of the next week to go riding again.
As for the MZ65 clone i dont feel like putting any money into this bike because i need it for another project. If i would really like an exhaust i could have a friend weld up a tuned pipe for me for about 50 euros.
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!

Attachments

• 20240309_150244.jpg
    20240309_150244.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240309_190223.jpg
    20240309_190223.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 40
I bought a couple of those pipes for 80 CDN last year. They do work well as a one size fits all. Now, they are hard to find at 80 each. They are stupid loud without an additional muffler on the end.

The BoFeng jets are 6.5 / 7 mm Aliexpress and Amazon have them. I think these will work.
You did see the rest of that same post where I linked a muffler AND stated that without it they are loud... right?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
And for the noise, cut the tube out of the muffler cap and holt the cap back on. It will be quiter, but still a bit more powerful than stock. A 36t should work good for you
I'm running my stock pipe (inside tube cut and 6 holes drilled into the cap)
(admittedly I went a tad overboard lol but i love it)
I still have the power of capless and while still loud , atleast a good 50% or so reduction in sound.
I have a brand new flex pipe i bought for my occ but trust me my modded stock pipe blows it COMPLETELY away.
As for my bikes current sound level....
Moderately loud is a good thing, that way even if a driver isnt paying attention, they hear me and know im there

Attachments

• 17106641067852217727965878891651.jpg
    17106641067852217727965878891651.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 33
I made one into a glass pack which works ok but has become louder with time. Could have done a better job I suppose.
On another I increased the size of the second tube by using a piece of 1/2 copper pipe and cut out a lot of the baffles. This one seems a good compromise between noise and the right amount of back pressure.

Attachments

• Muffler mod.jpg
    Muffler mod.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Muffler instaled.jpg
    Muffler instaled.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 29
Back