Stolen So my bike got stolen last night...

I got carried away

Shame on you, mountainman.

You're a nice guy. Don't blame Obama for the stolen tank.

sorry about that --- I got carried away
thinking about the mighty Obama Mama One (saint Mama)
wanting to re-distribute wealth
you could be right bluegoatwoods
maybe someone else needed the tank ?

just wondering
regarding our MBing friends here on site with more than one MB
as we know some have as many as 5 MBs
if Obama Mama get's elected
will they have to re-distribute their MBs
give a few to the poor ones on welfare and such ??

Obama Mama says that you only need one MB to

ride that thing

ps -- thank God I only have one wife
because if the saint Mama get's elected
my other wifes would be taken away
re-distribute those SWEET LITTLE THINGS

Last edited:
Sorry, MM. I can't answer that question because we're on the verge of going political.

(Is anyone watching? No?...Ok....Naaah, he won't take our MBs away...:) )

see you around

So a ww2 canteen full of GAS was stolen. I bet the thief gets more than expected
when trying to make it potable LOL....to bad leaded gas is gone.

A

Well the bright side is:

I get to do some more riding around at antique stores looking for a replacement.:???:

And thanks for the complement.

Keith

Thanks flyer1 for the Amazon tip. I was surprised to find new aluminum canteens for sale. I think I am going to keep looking for a WWII vintage one like the one that took leave.

Keith

Since Motor Bikes are a fairly ' new ' thing, some flexibility in dealing with thieves is needed. For Starters, a decent ID system should be established, much like car / MC VIN numbers. Possibly lock manufacturers could share some ideas. Due to goofball laws, the ID would not be a 'registration ', but rather proof of ownership. Not all riders ride on public streets, so many bikes are ' unregistered ' as they are only used for fun. We * all * need protection. I'd suggest hiding a business card, or photo of yourself somewhere on bike, under the Gas Tank ? Rolled up, and stuffed in handlebar tube ?

The trouble with Cops is, unless you can * prove * it's your bike, you can't get it back. This is a real hassle for landscapers who have small tools stolen. Massachusetts has tried a few pilot programs " Operation ID " being the most sucessful, even at that, few people bothered. As for the thieves who get caught, a big fine would be the best deterrent, if they can't pay up, they get locked up. Fine in theroy, but our jails are already overcrowded, courts clogged up, and I doubt anyone takes it seriously . Burgulars tend to get a little probation, to me, they should get 5 years on the chain gang. I can only suggest contact your local politicians, tell them " If you want my vote, do something " Pass tough laws. Make it * real miserable * for motor bike thieves, and those who sell stolen cycles. We have half a chance, as this is a new industry, which is about the only thing growing in my State. I want a future in the industry. Worcester was a Mecca for the Mechanical arts, now that the EPA has shut down the machine shops, this is no longer true. I'm hoping the trend grows, complete with start up factories, and talented locals going back to work.

Last edited:
I feel pretty ****ty about getting my bike stolen, but i don't think a bike is worth cutting off anyone's hand for, but i get your point, and thanks for sympathizing with me.

Sorry it happened. That's why there are so many thieves out and around. I have a buddy who lives in Mississippi, law if stealing/looting, drop them where they stand. There was this past year that some guy was stealing 2 pit bulls (most likely to fight then). He had permission to watch the neighbors property. After confronting him (buddy disabled) the guy came at him... last two step he ever took. Maybe if the economy tanks,I mean really tanks, you might see thieves in full force. Maybe you might change your mind.

Back