2 stroke motorized bike not wanting to start, doesn't make any noise when I let out the clutch.

Is that bad? The ratio is 50-1 what kind of oil do you use or recommend?
Sure your mixing it right?

You don't want to go below 32:1 for a well broken-in engine and 20:1 for a baby engine.

If you are using 10% ethanol fuel (which you should find non ethanol fuel) then get a 2 stroke oil with ethanol stabilizer.
A 50:1 ratio is only 2.6 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas...This is not enough oil for these China Girl motors to function on.

A 32:1 ratio is 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas...This is the very least amount of oil that should be running in a China Girl motor after break-in has been accomplished.

New China Girl motors for break-in purposes should generally be running a 20:1 ratio which is 6 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas for the first few gas tank fill ups on most of the China Girl Motors...(Phantom and Avenger motors have different requirements than the common CG motors).

Never try to mix oil in the gas tank, you will never have correct measurements or proper mixing that way.
I always use a 1 gallon gas jug and measure out the proper amount of oil and add it to the gasoline, shake vigorously for proper uniform mix of oil and gas and always shake each and every time you add fuel to that gas tank.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion about what these ratio's actually translate to as far as ounces of oil to a gallon of gas

The motor hasn't been broke in yet I use two stroke oil the ace hardware brand and I use regular gas 85

I always put it in a different can I do about 8 Oz for 2 gallons of gas
What do you think could be cause of it not starting tho

Personally speaking, I think you've already ruined the motor as I do not believe that you know what fuel/oil ratio really is.

First you say your mixing it 50:1 ratio, now you say your mixing it 8 ounces to 2 gallons of gas which is a 32:1 ratio, then you finally say that the motor is not even broken in yet which means you haven't even attempted to break it in at a proper 20:1 ratio.

Since the information is not exactly a straight line and your all over the map on the important information needed to even begin to deduce what is happening, If I were you, I would start from scratch with a new motor and ask some of the seasoned pro's on this forum everything necessary to build your knowledge of how to build, break-in, ride, and maintain these things right from the very beginning.

These are simple engines, but everything must work for it to run.

You need Spark, fuel and compression.

Start with spark, pull the plug, ground it to the head and spin it over If that's good, next make sure your stator is tight and even, check to make sure the magneto rotor is tight.

Next is fuel, ethanol gels up oil, pull the carb, open the bowl and clean it out, start with FRESH fuel and oil mix, 20:1. Ethanol fuel when mixed goes stale in weeks!
Also, if you have that little screen in the tank, remove it and look for debris.

Try to start it again.

If no go, pull your head and look for carnage.

Personally speaking, I think you've already ruined the motor as I do not believe that you know what fuel/oil ratio really is.

First you say your mixing it 50:1 ratio, now you say your mixing it 8 ounces to 2 gallons of gas which is a 32:1 ratio, then you finally say that the motor is not even broken in yet which means you haven't even attempted to break it in at a proper 20:1 ratio.

Since the information is not exactly a straight line and your all over the map on the important information needed to even begin to deduce what is happening, If I were you, I would start from scratch with a new motor and ask some of the seasoned pro's on this forum everything necessary to build your knowledge of how to build, break-in, ride, and maintain these things right from the very beginning.
The 50:1 ratio is what I got told to do.
When I got the bike My friend who has a bike like mine then told me to do 8 ounces to 2 gallons of gas (32-1) but what I don't get is that it started the other night and I rode it I was on the phone with him and he said my idle was way to high then I shut it off and set it to the correct position and when I went to start it again it never started that's when I found out the next day the spark plug was fouled then I got a new one and I tried starting it and it made a small noise so I know there is a spark but it's not starting all the way

When I got the bike My friend who has a bike like mine then told me to do 8 ounces to 2 gallons of gas (32-1) but what I don't get is that it started the other night and I rode it I was on the phone with him and he said my idle was way to high then I shut it off and set it to the correct position and when I went to start it again it never started that's when I found out the next day the spark plug was fouled then I got a new one and I tried starting it and it made a small noise so I know there is a spark but it's not starting all the way
High idle can be an air leak or overheating or float issues.

If you adjusted it to lower idle you might not be getting enough air now.

You need to diagnose this step by step like how I suggested, if you don't, you'll end up going in circles.

Or like Damian said, start fresh with a new engine, maybe even get a more user friendly 4 stroke kit.

NHigh idle can be an air leak or overheating or float issues.

If you adjusted it to lower idle you might not be getting enough air now.

You need to diagnose this step by step like how I suggested, if you don't, you'll end up going in circles.

Or like Damian said, start fresh with a new engine, maybe even get a more user friendly 4 stroke kit.
How do I diagnose it? I did everything you said and it's none of those issues

These are simple engines, but everything must work for it to run.

You need Spark, fuel and compression.

Start with spark, pull the plug, ground it to the head and spin it over If that's good, next make sure your stator is tight and even, check to make sure the magneto rotor is tight.

Next is fuel, ethanol gels up oil, pull the carb, open the bowl and clean it out, start with FRESH fuel and oil mix, 20:1. Ethanol fuel when mixed goes stale in weeks!
Also, if you have that little screen in the tank, remove it and look for debris.

Try to start it again.

If no go, pull your head and look for carnage.
There is no screen in my tank the plug is good I just bought it and it made a little noise as if it was trying to start but it won't start all the way my friend said to check the cdi I bought it 2 years ago but if it was that then it wouldn't start at all would it? I started to think it was the clutch because there is alot of slack and its not grabbing the piston but I'm not mechanically inclined I'm trying to learn hence why I'm asking what to do I had it at my other friends in his motel room took it out and it took 45 minutes to officially start and that night when I went and started it the bike never started since

Turn the Idle up and try to start it again

Report results

Back