No matter what I do top speed stays constant.

Because that is the beauty of this hobby. seeing how far you can take a cheap china motor that is intended to go 30mph. its a true test to your personal innovation and skills. its not the speed im after its the personal satisfaction and bragging rights
I'm going to go about it a different way, the Murican way.
Tillotson 212 with 9HP and a 10,000RPM redline.

chuckles-im-in-danger.gif

People think im crazy for getting a motor that will do 60mph. My bike is very strong, all steel. The rider position and weight is distributed to the center of the bike and with a 2in front rake and 4 inch stretch. She is super smooth at high speeds..

People think im crazy for getting a motor that will do 60mph. My bike is very strong, all steel. The rider position and weight is distributed to the center of the bike and with a 2in front rake and 4 inch stretch. She is super smooth at high speeds..
If you can build a safe bike that'll do 60 mph; then go for it. I look forward to the thread on it.

My concern is brakes, I already have a bike that should tag 50 no problem, I've gotten up to 40 during break-in, but stopping it is another story and it's currently parked.

Another thing is chain lockup, I put a "chain lock stopper" but I'm still worried about it, especially on a busy road.

I'm building on a Phatmoto frame next, hydraulic brakes should help, and it doesn't have the same issue with the chain locking in the engine case.

My concern is brakes, I already have a bike that should tag 50 no problem, I've gotten up to 40 during break-in, but stopping it is another story and it's currently parked.

Another thing is chain lockup, I put a "chain lock stopper" but I'm still worried about it, especially on a busy road.

I'm building on a Phatmoto frame next, hydraulic brakes should help, and it doesn't have the same issue with the chain locking in the engine case.
I was also looking at full hydralic brakes. my hybid brakes go through pads like crazy and are a pain in the butt to adjust when i put new pads on them. plus i can feel the cable stretch and i dont like that. full hydralic are just so damn expensive. But that is the way to go. Ive never had an issue with any chain locking up like some say. I think if you have good chain tension and alignment it wont ever be a problem. I always make sure i have a good spring on my tensioner

Hence the reason I went with mags wheels, cable pull, hydraulic disk caliper brakes on mine with the P-85 also capable of 50+ but usually stay around 30 to 35 MPH...lol...No need to always cleaning racing stripes from the undies...lol.

The cable pull, hydraulic calipers really react quickly and safely, stops on a dime and leaves 9 cents change...lol...Very little cable stretch with the hydraulic caliper verses the manual ones I used to have.

Back