my quest for 50mph with DIY and bolt-on mods.

shoot i wouldnt want them to snap at any speed. cant believe BikeBerry sells them as Heavy Duty motorized bike wheels. Very unsafe. Glad I made it this long without them shattering. I hope someone sues Bike Berry for their crap and lies. we all should go in on a class action suit. They are gonna get someone killed

The chain alignment isn't perfect, but it's not bad, maybe an 1/8 inch off for me. I'll just have to bend the pedal side out a bit more and space it over a tad more.

They shouldn't sell the other variants though.
I have warned forum members many times over the years with most not listening, stay away from the 5, 6, and 10 spoke mags and use only the three spoke versions which are much sturdier and substantially better built at their contact points with the rim. They keep choosing style over substance almost everytime.

I think we must both be very close in age Robe...That is a piece of wisdom that only comes with age and experience...lol.

We both want things to just work for as long as possible without tinkering all the time...Much more fun to be able to ride all the time instead...lol.
Although Risk Man made the post, I agree. Once I put it together and take it apart several times, there comes a point that I just don't want to do it anymore. Funny, almost every time I say this is it, put the Loctite to it. No sooner do I do that and I'm taking it apart again. Lol.

We are fairly close in age, I'll be 66 next month.

Although Risk Man made the post, I agree. Once I put it together and take it apart several times, there comes a point that I just don't want to do it anymore. Funny, almost every time I say this is it, put the Loctite to it. No sooner do I do that and I'm taking it apart again. Lol.

We are fairly close in age, I'll be 66 next month.
Ha ha, I just turned 65 last week.

Back