my quest for 50mph with DIY and bolt-on mods.

not really a teardown that motor is blown only a mock up for pics everything only had 1 bolt in it to see what the bike would look like. but yes ive done many teardowns. the one advantage of that is I can literally take an engine kit and install it on a bike and have.it running in under 15min. I can also swap out a piston in about the same time. lol
I thought that thing was wicked cool, but it's your bike, curious what the shift will look like on that.

I did a road bicycle many moons ago when they first brought to market the color shift in a rattle can.

I also did an R/C buggy body that color.

Tricky thing is getting that color shift layer the same on every piece, too much it looks too silvery and bright, too little and you can barely see the colors.

Honest opinion what would look better. The bike has chrome and black accents. When my minarelli arives should i polish it up to shine like chrome with a chrome pipe? Or do you think it would look better with a black motor and black pipe?
20240119_172644.jpg

it wouldnt be a minarelli pipe. If my pipe doesnt work with the powerband. I was looking at modifying a jog pipe

A jog is an aftermarket minarelli pipe. I was referring to a jog pipe.
oh gotcha. their a dozens of jog pipes to chose. but compairing the inner volume and length of jogs to my pipe. they are very similar. hopfully my pipe will work. just gotta modify the flang and header for the relli

Ill prob do black again. shine the welds on my pipe. shine the fins on the motor, shine the clutch plate, and use a shined cnc head

A jog is an aftermarket minarelli pipe. I was referring to a jog pipe.
Gordy if you were planning on a dark metalic green for your bike. it is a great looking color. your not gonna want a solid green thought. A metalic or candy would look best. in the garage my bike is a dark cany green and it looks rad

Gordy if you were planning on a dark metalic green for your bike. it is a great looking color. your not gonna want a solid green thought. A metalic or candy would look best. in the garage my bike is a dark cany green and it looks rad
Yeah, I was gonna go for metal flake green and black.

Yeah, I was gonna go for metal flake green and black.
did you ever install your new rims? I was looking at thoes you bought and I like that they have 48 spokes and also how wide they are. Just curiouse to see the rim with a 2.3 tire on it. I love the look of my mags but their is just way to much flex. with the power im gonna have i dont feel safe running the mags

Back