Hi

Opti 2 is formulated and designed to be universally mixed at 100:1, regardless of what engine you're putting it in or the manufacturers recommendation. It is designed to exceed all industry standards and manufacturers warranties. That's why it can be mixed at 100:1 universally.

I apologize as that had such a ring of endorsement I was confused and took you for somebody who was advocating this products use. I would have thought you would care, as you have joined a forum with a group of like minded people generally trying to improve the lot of these Chinese engines. Are you suggesting you will say anything without regard for its accuracy or safety using a don't care attitude as defense of your ignorance?

I shared what I read on their website. I don't run a 2 stroke, so I don't really care what people do with them. I run a 4 stroke, and I did my research on what and how much oil to put in it. If you're going to use something based on info I gave you rather than do your own research, who's the ignorant one?

If I were endorsing this product, I would keep telling people that they should use it and it works. I've already said once that I never used it, and twice that I don't care if you use it or not. I've also stated that I only know what it says on their website. I also never said it was any better or worse than any other oil. I said it was "designed" to exceed industry standards and manufacturers warranties. A lot of oils say that on the bottle. So what. You did some research and found that it was about average quality compared to any other oil. Good for you. I still don't care if you use it or not. You're responsible for your own safety and the continued operation of your bike. If you use a product based on info given on an Internet forum and it doesn't work out for you, that's nobody's fault but your own. Do your research and you'll be better prepared about any product on the market. I still don't care what oil you use, and arguing with me about it isn't going to accomplish anything. It's obvious that you think I'm ignorant and unintelligent. So do several other people on this forum. I don't care about that either, so shoving it in my face isn't going to do much besides waste your energy. If it's a battle of wits or a **** measuring contest, you win. Happy?

You're responsible for your own safety and the continued operation of your bike.
Yep and people providing information with nothing more than broad claims made by companies that makes these products does not help anybody.

If you use a product based on info given on an Internet forum and it doesn't work out for you, that's nobody's fault but your own.
Indeed and I never suggested I was going to take information provided by one person in one setting as gospel.

Do your research and you'll be better prepared about any product on the market.
I was attempting to by asking someone who wrote in a manner which suggested they had some personal experience with this product, despite my dislike of your inflammatory ways I was prepared to take any experience you had with this product as part of the whole.

I don't run a 2 stroke, so I don't really care what people do with them. I run a 4 stroke, and I did my research on what and how much oil to put in it.
So why comment on what may or may not be acceptable in a 2 stroke?

I still don't care what oil you use
So why comment in the first place?

I say burn all of your bridges while you still have control of the flame
Hope you torched them all.

Is there really any point to this argument? To prove my ignorance? If that's how you feel, I already said I don't care. To prove that I provide inaccurate info? I never said that anything in my post was factual, nor did I ever attempt to make it seem like I had any evidence to back it up. I already said you win, so for you to continue trying to best me is really kind of redundant. What else do you want? Should I put a disclaimer in my sig? I'll go do that right now.

Well maybe it takes a couple times for a new sig to show up, but it says take my posts at face value and do your own research.

In an air cooled 2-stroke engine using aluminium that has poor metallurgical properties and consequently poor thermal stability, the oil content in the fuel is used for much more than just lubrication.

100:1 oil/fuel ratio does "NOT" satisfy the operational requirements of a low grade engine; built to the lowest possible price; using the lowest grade materials.

Back