Hello Everyone - I need some advice and information...

Just out of curiosity does it also move pedals? If so then how does it feel to have your feet shredded?
200.gif

Just out of curiosity does it also move pedals? If so then how does it feel to have your feet shredded?
On a fixed gear relax your legs to coast or simply move your legs clear of the pedals. It is possible to resist the movement of the wheel but it is tricky and only safely done with toe clips and straps or those "clipless" cycling shoes. I don't like it, it throws me out of the saddle before doing any actually stopping.

Fixies and track riding is a whole different experience and culture. Because your legs are always moving it does drive to keep putting the power down subconsciously. Very tall gearing is used, almost always single speed unless you spend a relatively large amount of money for a special hub gear or a lot of time modding a freewheeling hub gear.

On any bike strapping your feet in does let you pull up as you pedal, but putting in more power means more effort and cycling ought to be fun and easy.

On a fixed gear relax your legs to coast or simply move your legs clear of the pedals. It is possible to resist the movement of the wheel but it is tricky and only safely done with toe clips and straps or those "clipless" cycling shoes. I don't like it, it throws me out of the saddle before doing any actually stopping.

Fixies and track riding is a whole different experience and culture. Because your legs are always moving it does drive to keep putting the power down subconsciously. Very tall gearing is used, almost always single speed unless you spend a relatively large amount of money for a special hub gear or a lot of time modding a freewheeling hub gear.

On any bike strapping your feet in does let you pull up as you pedal, but putting in more power means more effort and cycling ought to be fun and easy.
What+you+talking+about+willis+Meme.jpg

Road bike cyclist's will tell you they'd rather have a clipping system on their pedals and shoes. Because all of the muscle groups in the leg are being used. This puts less strain on the legs not more.

With a multi-speed bicycle to be efficient you must have a sequential non-redundant shifting system. For example: a 2×9 would be shifted like this 1(1-6); 2(4-9) for 12 non-redundant ratios. If a gear is too hard or too easy to comfortably maintain a cadence (crank rpm) of 70-90 it means you're in the wrong gear.

Back