Hello Everyone - I need some advice and information...

The Q/C of the Staton kit in all likelihood will be far and above what comes out of China.
As far as motors, when it comes to a knock off motor be it Honda or any other premium OEM what you get is not always what you thought you bought. A quick check even shows two parts lists for OEM Honda GX35's one Japanese, and the other Thi.
My $.02 would lean to the Japanese being the one to own.
This was another reason I went with the Zenoah. OEM Zenoah's are built in Japan.
I know, as Mike mentioned the 2 strokes need pre mix. For me the only time this would cause aggravation would be if I went on a jaunt longer than the fuel on board could cover. In that case I'd have to carry a few oz;s of oil with me.
I know the 4 strokes tend to have more low range grunt, and exhaust fewer db's of noise.
However, with the Zenoah I was surprised how sharp the low end pull turned out to be.
Most of the time I don't use more than 1/2 throttle. And the other point Mike made...noise level. I was looking for something to quiet it down even before I had it in my hands (too much exposure to land scaper's blowers & chain saws). After the first ride I found the noise wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. A good part of that For Me is probably because It doesn't have to be running but part throttle most of the time.
And the last + is the weight. As David Staton told me "You Won't Even Know It' There"

All genuine hondas are made to the same standards and out of the same grades of metal. The Indonesian Hondas and the Japanese Hondas hold the same tolerances, use the same metallurgy, same tooling and inspection. Same for any plant producing honda engines under license to be sold as honda engines. There are huge fines and consequences for not sticking to the same standards.

Provided the engine isn't a counterfeit, the only real difference is the writing telling you what country it was made in.

Bikeberry(bad) sells new Huashengs for not too much, with the nt speed carb included. You can use a stock motorized bike throttle. Its real easy to solder the ends for throttles if it is short though. Give it little blob then file to size. The stock throttles use bike brake cables, so one for a rear brake that hasn't been cut should reach easily.

Do they sell the Predator auger engine as a stand-alone unit? If so, please drop me a link. Predator is Harbor Freight merchandise, correct?
I don't think so. My dad was throwing his out.to get a new one because he couldn't get his running. Turns out the carby came loose lol. I wouldn't buy a new auger just for the engine

Just out of curiosity does it also move pedals? If so then how does it feel to have your feet shredded?
I've been on the forum for 12 years; I have much better sense than to ride something dangerous. To answer your question though; {no}, the pedals don't move under engine power. I use a triple chainring shift kit.

Back