Chain was doing good so far, but now is uneven?

Anthony Barbosa

Local time
5:33 AM
Recently I’ve noticed that my chain on my 50cc engine has gone way too saggy. A couple weeks before posting this, I recall correctly that it was fairly tight with very little slack on both the top part and the tensioner part of the chain and now recently I could put my finger on the top part of the chain and it would sag and sway left to right freely. It was not like this before. I have just a 36T sprocket on it and nothing else special. It’s definitely going to cause problems soon because I know if it’s too saggy the way it is now it’ll grab on to something and break loose, how it’s done for me a couple times in the past. Why did it do this?

Recently I’ve noticed that my chain on my 50cc engine has gone way too saggy. A couple weeks before posting this, I recall correctly that it was fairly tight with very little slack on both the top part and the tensioner part of the chain and now recently I could put my finger on the top part of the chain and it would sag and sway left to right freely. It was not like this before. I have just a 36T sprocket on it and nothing else special. It’s definitely going to cause problems soon because I know if it’s too saggy the way it is now it’ll grab on to something and break loose, how it’s done for me a couple times in the past. Why did it do this?
Chains stretch a bit. Also make sure your engine hasn't shifted in the frame, And that the wheel/axle is still tight, and in it's right place.

Back