Chain options

GW's Motorized

Local time
3:23 AM
I've got my new bike almost ready to roll, the only thing I need now is a chain. I know that the chain on the kit is 410, and 415 chain will work as well. I'd guess that 40 and 41 will work as well.

The problem is my local parts store doesn't carry 410, and if I remember right they don't have 415.

They do carry 40 and 41. 40 chain is quite thick, so I'd prefer not to use it. So I am left with using 41, going into town, or waiting for chain off Amazon.

Is 41 chain thinner than 40? Would it be fine for me to run 41?

I've got my new bike almost ready to roll, the only thing I need now is a chain. I know that the chain on the kit is 410, and 415 chain will work as well. I'd guess that 40 and 41 will work as well.

The problem is my local parts store doesn't carry 410, and if I remember right they don't have 415.

They do carry 40 and 41. 40 chain is quite thick, so I'd prefer not to use it. So I am left with using 41, going into town, or waiting for chain off Amazon.

Is 41 chain thinner than 40? Would it be fine for me to run 41?
The main factor the chain roller should seat all the way around the final drive sprocket without binding. 180 to 200 degrees around sprocket.

Back