Chain issues : Schwinn Meridian w/ Predator 79CC

Is your clutch sliding in and out? mine is tight against the motor and pretty good idea with that chain tensioner.
It didn't look like it is moving in and out , I will look for that today >>>> I think the motor is flexing on the bolts , the engine base is about 1inch up off the mounting plate

Attachments

• KcwpNN3QSJGDM2d8MAROSA.jpg
    KcwpNN3QSJGDM2d8MAROSA.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 36
I never noticed it didn't have one on your motor but my motor came with this plate mounted on the bottom of it. I figured all 79cc came with it but it mounts to the bottom of motor and has the same bolt pattern as a predator 212
The pics I showed with the reversed bolts was on the 212 motor and 79 is mounted the same way and they don't budge.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Another one of my motorized bike projects I need to finish
I never noticed it didn't have one on your motor but my motor came with this plate mounted on the bottom of it. I figured all 79cc came with it but it mounts to the bottom of motor and has the same bolt pattern as a predator 212
The pics I showed with the reversed bolts was on the 212 motor and 79 is mounted the same way and they don't budge.

I have that plate , it came with the engine , wow they want $25 for one on your link , I tried to use it , but the bolts would go right into the frame of the bike if I drilled that pattern in my mount , maybe a bigger mount and offset the engine , wanted to keep it straight up and down

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
But those three wheel ATVs were sure fun to race! With low profile flat tires, you can hang the rear end out and do all sort of fun stuff with them. (Probably can with a four wheelers also, but I was a mechanic at Honda when they had three wheels.) The four-wheel Honda Odyssey dune buggy bike was fun too!
The Odyssey with no suspension was a brutal machine, and the later ones were marginally better.

It didn't look like it is moving in and out , I will look for that today >>>> I think the motor is flexing on the bolts , the engine base is about 1inch up off the mounting plate
What is your reasoning with all the hardware under the motor? Many carters just use a piece of plywood, then a few washers to adjust the chain. The plywood acts as antivibration platform. You could shorten the chain a couple links.

What is your reasoning with all the hardware under the motor? Many carters just use a piece of plywood, then a few washers to adjust the chain. The plywood acts as antivibration platform. You could shorten the chain a couple links.
Like I was saying ^^^^ the bolt holes with the stock plate , falls right in the way of the frame under the plate

I think I remeber you saying you had a weder. If so, why don't you just add some material to that mounting bracket and reposition the bolts so they don't hit the frame ?

The Odyssey with no suspension was a brutal machine, and the later ones were marginally better.
I had forgotten about those first ones. Yeah the ones I remember had a big single cylinder engine CVT transmission roll cage.

At Honda of raleigh, I liked testing them as much as I liked working on them!

Bingo! 🎯

The engineer and me says there are stronger ways to do the same chain adjust thing.

You're getting there. Keep working on it! 😁👍🏼✔️

Back