Chain stretches up steep hills, pops off. What do?

noyo

Local time
4:19 AM
Got a 415 chain that stretches after going up hill. Clutch engaged it's tight. Clutch disengaged and a bump will make the chain pop off. What do? It's after steep hills and it's the hills I have to pedal help with.

No chain tensioner; using a clip pin and a chain breaker; adjusting the motor mounts every time it needs shortened.

Got a 415 chain that stretches after going up hill. Clutch engaged it's tight. Clutch disengaged and a bump will make the chain pop off. What do? It's after steep hills and it's the hills I have to pedal help with.

No chain tensioner; using a clip pin and a chain breaker; adjusting the motor mounts every time it needs shortened.
Post pictures.

As long as tension is good and the chain isn't hitting anything it wouldn't need a tensioner.

Sounds like maybe his sprocket is mounted crooked
In comparison to the motor chain; the pedal chain makes a pop on how loose the difference is after a couple hill climbs. Does actually bend the sprocket slightly over time.

Usually chains coming off is due to misalignment. If the line from the drive sprocket to the rear isn't straight, you'll have problems
I'll try to get that as close as possible but it really is the bumps on the side of the road.

Back