two stroke vs four stroke

You are right,I remember it now,it was someone on a bicycle.The Brough Superior was the superbike of it's day.Mr Brough didn't do much designing,he was more like a 'system integrator'.Some of them had JAP engines others Matchless twins I think.Quite a rogue's gallery there in Ireland and some real nutcases too.A traffic eng?? in Dublin,a few years ago took it upon himself one weekend (without apparently telling anybody) to have all the road signs&numbers changed around Dublin,massive traffic tieups &confusion resulted of course.I'm not sure if he survived it.I ran across something similar around Oxford ,15 yrs ago encountering all sorts of doubly designated roadsigns (old this&new that),confusing as all h*ll.Nobody had the slightest notion as what all this could possibly be for.Staying on the left and changing gears with your left hand is bad enough.Obama can talk up a storm that's for sure,lots of blarney.Western Virginia is what it says,the western most portion of the State of Virginia.West Virginia is a seperate State that borders on it to the NW.Before the Civil War (1861/65) it was part of Virginia,the part beyond the Appalachians ,did not join the Confederates, (no slaves) and became a seperate State subsequently,is part of "Appalachia" running from Pennsylvania to Georgia,largely settled by Scottish/Irish in the late 17 &beginning 18 hundreds.The mountain folk we call them,rambunctious,clanny,scrappy and fiercely independent ,rather disadvantaged economically,but somehow genuine&endearing.

God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world.

Happy O'Valley

But they still managed to rule the world anyway and the canny thing is that 75% of the world do not even know that they are part of the Irish Empire.

This took a turn for the worst. History causes headaches for me unless you can show me a picture of Abe riding a turbocharged "4 stroke" MB.

LOL!!!!!

This took a turn for the worst. History causes headaches for me unless you can show me a picture of Abe riding a turbocharged "4 stroke" MB.

LOL!!!!!

I think I can do one better than that - there's mention in the Old Testament of the roar of Herod's triumph echoing down the valley!

abe-lincoln-.jpg

The 'Old Testament' & Herod ?,come off it,or was there some other Herod than that construction fanatic of the 1st cent BC.I don't care for the OT all that much really, all those scandalous goings on!.Gov Sanford better bone up some more for further inspiration.I liked Irish whiskey,but stick to JD,made in another Lynchburg (Tenn),that might be the reason why.

Bill Bryson also wrote a book about his experiences in Aussieland,quite amusing,his story about getting lost in Canberra unable to locate much needed libations was one of the very best.

Might the comely Sarah be off on a tandem MB with Old Abe,?,who's going to pilot that thing? Maybe that's why she quit!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back