Talk me out of a Chopper frame right now.

I will never buy a battery operated watch again. I've messed up a few Timex's doing it myself. Self winding or solar powered for this kid. I've got a $35 solar powered Casio that works like a charm. Any light charges it, just room light.

I used to carry a pocket watch because wrist watches would just get caught on everything. Mine broke and I decided I wanted to get a better one, but I still haven't lol

My wife bought me a Citizen's Solar Eco Drive, it runs great but if it gets left in darkness too long it stops. Have a couple of 15-30 year old Seiko Kinetic's that have ran perfect the whole time (they'll go about 5 days with no movement), can't beat the Japanese quality. The old gold one was my dad's, it's an Eternamatic self winder he got for 25 years of service in 1967,from a company we worked at, I think it is Swiss and runs great.

Attachments

• WATCHES.jpg
    WATCHES.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
I LOVE watches, especially mechanical skeleton watches, I have a couple cheaper ones (less than $100)

Something about a piece of art that you can watch count down the seconds of your day using tiny springs, cogs and and weights.

Unfortunately as a mechanic, I can't wear them.

My goal is to eventually get a job I can finally wear a watch.

Oh, and I can understand spending $1,000 on a watch. However an ugly Rolex that costs as much as a new car? someone should slap you.

Back