I may be a moron. Phatmoto 24' preorder.

Wyvern

Local time
7:10 AM
Well, I was going to wait a couple months and buy a Dawn 2 frame as my tax return splurge, but as I was looking at alternate Felt Faker frames I saw Phatmoto had a preorder sale for $799 and after seeing it has everything I wanted- big hydraulic brakes, fat tires, suspension fork, 7 speeds, in a moment if insanity (something I'm known for) I pre-ordered it in green.

I already have my hyper with an Avenger 85, a little rocket, I love it, but I am completely afraid of chain lock-ups, and brakes that are inadequate to stop my big meaty 300lbs butt and a solid fork I know I will fold if I hit a bump- I can and will address all of this in time, and getting a second bike will allow me to enjoy modding my hyper rather than rushing to finish it so I can ride.

So I know it'll be slow and I know I'll get a GC190 to get it up to 2 stroke speeds, but at least I can enjoy it with peace of mind I'm not going to wipe out at 40+MPH, I'm a mechanic, I can't break bones!

Is there anyone here going to pick up a 24' Phatmoto AT?

I thought about getting a phatmoto but the clutch problems, bent rims and the fact that the smaller huasheng goes in the 30's vs 20's with a 79cc. I would prefer one with a huasheng. Never seen one swapped in only heard of 212 swaps or a honda.

I thought about getting a phatmoto but the clutch problems, bent rims and the fact that the smaller huasheng goes in the 30's vs 20's with a 79cc. I would prefer one with a huasheng. Never seen one swapped in only heard of 212 swaps or a honda.
Yeah, the engine isn't great, but the governor is easy to bypass.

I saw at least with earlier rims, were poorly constructed, hopefully these are better since they are sealed bearing wheels, so maybe come from a different factory.

Supposedly a Honda GC190 is plug and play with a couple holes drilled.

I love the look of the phatmoto, but I don't like the aluminum frame. A project that is on my bucket list is building my own phatmoto style bike with a steel frame and hydroforming a tank to weld on. I wanna do a built 3hp briggs flathead on it. This however is a huge project that I am gonna put off until I move out, and possibly even until I graduate.

Back