Safety Safety & Maintainence Tips from MB.c's Members

... and to broaden on that last post, when the new engine comes in (its been 6 buisness days and its still not arrived... next week it should be here)

i will most likely do away with the tentioner, OR ill drill a self tapper into it and the frame.

Per the 'MBc edit", the best thing I've done is to hack a bke apart (We're not talking denting). I say - go with what feels right.

I've never had a problem with using a bearing based chain tensioner. With how much chains stretch on these things, the last thing I'd want to be is out in the middle of no where and have a chain jump because it stretched and I didn't have a tensioner to take up the slack. I can't wait to get one of thsoe spring tensioners that one of the vendors sells.

I always wear an orange safety vest (less than $5.00 at Harbor Freight). Cars are more apt to respect me when they see that I am trying to be safe. Of course, I also wear fingerless gloves, a helmet and have front/rear lights and a horn:)-Gearhead

Last edited:
while I was sitting at the bus stop yesterday, I saw a cyclist obeying the traffic signal. I was so tempted to shout out to him that I was happy to see a cyclist obeying the traffic laws, but at that distance, I was afraid of sounding cynical and snarky (we were all the way across a large intersection away from each other). If he was at the same corner as me, I would have said something

Back