Latest build, learned from previous mistakes...

Could you please & explain what you mean here & where I could find such a thing? I'm currently in the process of a build. Thank you.
So many places. You can use the aliexpress app, ebay and all of the expensive 3rd party vendors in your contry that import these parts from china. In Australia we have BLYGO, TDR moto/tdr powersports, and others, in the states there are kings and gasbike, and many others.

Just make sure you use loctite. Not the red stuff, it's for steel on steel or for permantly fislxed items. Use a slow threadlocker like 243 loctite, or even maybe consult the loctite chart and go from there.

Could you please & explain what you mean here & where I could find such a thing? I'm currently in the process of a build. Thank you.
Iso is the international standard organization. There are many kinds of bicycle hubs but there are at least two distinct ways of mounting a disc brake rotor onto the hub of the wheel. The iso and shimano's centrelock. The iso mount uses 6 threaded hole while shimano's centrelock uses splines and a threaded lockring. While there are adapters from centrelock to iso, iso is much more common. The rotor has to be specially machine for the specific mounting so there's no way to mix and match.

You're going to want a wheel that has a disc brake hub and a rim that can be used with rim brakes unless you're happy with a 36 tooth or smaller rear sprocket.

If youre not gonna push speed higher than 25mph this will work with the freewheel and disc brake options. https://www.bikeberry.com/products/...-inch-x-1-5-inch-rim-1?variant=42437994545318
Ive heard good and bad about those. They are only single wall. The bearing cups are known to be cracked from the factory causing bad bearings and broken axles. Ive seen people buy the mag wheel bearings and axle and press them in to replace the bearings a d have success

I attached the sprocket to the disc brake hub. I thought this would be bullet proof.

Nope, only lasted for several hundred miles until the disc part sheared from the hub. The bolts to the disc mount are fine, the hub and wheel is fine, but it's just free wheeling now.

As far as cost goes you can spend as much as you want 5-6 hundred is not uncommon. I found one for about 35, who knows if it will last?
One thing for sure I'll get good at lacing wheels.

I attached the sprocket to the disc brake hub. I thought this would be bullet proof.

Nope, only lasted for several hundred miles until the disc part sheared from the hub. The bolts to the disc mount are fine, the hub and wheel is fine, but it's just free wheeling now.

As far as cost goes you can spend as much as you want 5-6 hundred is not uncommon. I found one for about 35, who knows if it will last?
One thing for sure I'll get good at lacing wheels.
I got the 10 spoke mag wheels with the sprocket on it already from bikeberry otw. Hopefully it wont just shear off like you just mentioned. I bought the mag wheels so I wouldn't have to rely on a ragjoint/spoke setup and be left stranded lol

Back