Overheating

Adogh87

Local time
10:26 AM
I just recently got the phantom 85cc v3 engine. Ive run a tank of gas thru it, im on my second tank, otw home yesterday i opened it on up and ran it full throttle maybe a quarter mile then decelerated to 15 maybe 20 mph after another quarter mile it shut off, i walked it a little ways then restarted it and it ran about a quarter mile and cut off again.. on my way to work this morning it cut off again. Im pretty sure its overheating, i just dont know why its overheating?

1st things first...Did you mix the oil/gas ratio in a GAS JUG and shake vigorously before pouring it into the tank???

What ratio did you mix it at???

Also, are you running the recommended conventional type oil and NOT any synthetics during breakin???

I just recently got the phantom 85cc v3 engine. Ive run a tank of gas thru it, im on my second tank, otw home yesterday i opened it on up and ran it full throttle maybe a quarter mile then decelerated to 15 maybe 20 mph after another quarter mile it shut off, i walked it a little ways then restarted it and it ran about a quarter mile and cut off again.. on my way to work this morning it cut off again. Im pretty sure its overheating, i just dont know why its overheating?
I also should mention that the cylinder jug MUST be retorqued to 144 inch pounds after every single heat cycle for at least the first 200 miles or you will have a lean running condition because it will be sucking in air from the bottom of the jug where it meets the bottom half of the motor.

It must be fully stone cold before re-torquing it...NEVER when hot or even still warm but totally cold.

The Phantom is a hot running engine during break in. The right amount of oil is crucial, as is not going full throttle or holding half throttle or more for any length of time. Keeping the revs down will also help during break in. Gearing will play a role with that.
Some folks that get ahold of a Phantom do not realise that it is a far different animal to tame than the normal, run of the mill, China Girls as you and I can both attest to...Treat her right, "she love you longtime"...lol...Treat her wrong and she will crap all over you...lol.

Some folks that get ahold of a Phantom do not realise that it is a far different animal to tame than the normal, run of the mill, China Girls as you and I can both attest to...Treat her right, "she love you longtime"...lol...Treat her wrong and she will crap all over you...lol.
Yeah. But it's way more than 10 dolla.

Back