RIP motor bike

I had an EV for 3 years, a Chevy Bolt (what an ugly car) I followed all the rules to prolong battery life, still, I lost 20% capacity in 3 years 30K and sold it to get my MX-5 RF.

3 days after selling it GM announced a recall about people's cars turning into fireballs and to park them away from your home.

So while lithium is amazing, I wouldn't own anything again that cost $27,000 to replace the array.

The great hood wink. Good on you for getting out of it without losing your shirt. There are more and more stories of people really taking a bath on battery replacement.
Many ev's are leased. Best of both worlds I suppose. Virtue signalling for a few years, then give it back. Lol.

The great hood wink. Good on you for getting out of it without losing your shirt. There are more and more stories of people really taking a bath on battery replacement.
Many ev's are leased. Best of both worlds I suppose. Virtue signalling for a few years, then give it back. Lol.
I only got it because of the obumma tax credit, I used that to make a down payment on my house, so it was almost like a loan.

It was neat at first, but nope, I love the engine's song and rowing through gears.

You will not find a 2020 Tesla with 300K in 30 years- they are disposable vehicles.

I only got it because of the obumma tax credit, I used that to make a down payment on my house, so it was almost like a loan.

It was neat at first, but nope, I love the engine's song and rowing through gears.

You will not find a 2020 Tesla with 300K in 30 years- they are disposable vehicles.
no, but there's this

no, but there's this

Cell aging will unfortunately happen.

A metal block filled with oil can last an eternity, but time destroys pretty much everything else, heck, old HDD's are slowly becoming corrupted, Video and cassette tapes are becoming demagnetized, even CD's are rotting from inside.

The scary thing is ECM's have been in cars for decades, and now some are slowly dying from capacitor failure.

no, but there's this

Mileage is only half of the equation. Time takes a toll on many components, used or not. Batteries are probably one of the worst. There has been the same amount of R&D on longer life cells as there has been on increasing energy density, because even the manufacturers know that the battery is the biggest turn off for the sale of most EV vehicles to the average person.

Mileage is only half of the equation. Time takes a toll on many components, used or not. Batteries are probably one of the worst. There has been the same amount of R&D on longer life cells as there has been on increasing energy density, because even the manufacturers know that the battery is the biggest turn off to aales.of most EV vehicles to the average person.
The main turn off to me is there is no vroom

The main turn off to me is there is no vroom
So you have a vroom for fun and an EV type vehicle for all the daily mundane stuff. There are perks to EV and modern hybrids. Nice calm and quiet interior space. Trust me, it means more and more as you get older. I enjoy some noise, but some days I just want peace. I have considered trading my little Versa in and getting one of the new Prius in the AWD trim for a daily so I can pick up a project truck to do a diesel swap into. The new Priua is actually quite a good looking vehicle, and it's no slouch either. 50mpg also sounds nice.

So you have a vroom for fun and an EV type vehicle for all the daily mundane stuff. There are perks to EV and modern hybrids. Nice calm and quiet interior space. Trust me, it means more and more as you get older. I enjoy some noise, but some days I just want peace. I have considered trading my little Versa in and getting one of the new Prius in the AWD trim for a daily so I can pick up a project truck to do a diesel swap into. The new Priua is actually quite a good looking vehicle, and it's no slouch either. 50mpg also sounds nice.
But the vroom makes daily mundane stuff fun

Back