RIP motor bike

I have considered trading my little Versa in and getting one of the new Prius in the AWD trim for a daily so I can pick up a project truck to do a diesel swap into.
Cummins? They are over-hyped engines, but they are bulletproof and easy to work on.

New diesels (especially V8's) are a nightmare thanks to the cat piss injection system and Ford's 4 thermostat, 2 cooling system, reverse flow head abomination.

Cummins? They are over-hyped engines, but they are bulletproof and easy to work on.

New diesels (especially V8's) are a nightmare thanks to the cat piss injection system and Ford's 4 thermostat, 2 cooling system, reverse flow head abomination.
Diesels are just expensive when parts go out.

I work on them as part of my job, $15,000 is a minor repair for a modern diesel.

Go back maybe 20 years and they aren't too terribly expensive to keep.
I'm mostly referring to electric components. They cost alot to replace. I know because I've done alot of research on Volkswagen diesels. I want to use one of them in a different car. The only issue is they are expensive.

They are only overhyped by people who have no knowledge. They are exceedingly heavy, and very old tech in terms of design, but they are infinitely reliable, and if you know how to actually tune them can make some amazing power without blowing unburnt fuel out of the exhaust all the time. A hybrid 6bt swap into a full size truck would be my first pick unless I can get my hands on another Comanche (I really miss mine) and then I will do an ALH TDi swap with a small turbo upgrade better injectors and 11mm pump.

My alternative option would be a new LZ0 diesel from the Silverado, but that swap would require everything off the donor vehicle and would cost a ton. I would also have to figure out all of the emissions stuff, or send the ECU off to a shop in Canada to have a delete done to the ECU.

I cut my teeth on diesels in my early days and was an active mechanic for a few years before I got fed up with the industry and went from fixing them to driving them. I still work on machines now as a profession, just not vehicles.

You just need the stereo upgrade with increased battery capacity. Plus a monthly subscription to, Car Sounds Are Us and your car can sound however you want it to.
i would do that, but the sound would be inside the car only, and I would have to make it sound like one of the old V10 F1 cars.

Back