New Company EZM

Hi daninthesand,
The current production proto-type kit is the same in both Canada and the US. We are working on a special version for a special project in Canada, but won't the normal version. PM me for information. Any change in the drive ratios won't change any warranty because the system is designed to allow easy changes. We have dealers in Canada.
Have fun,

ive herd rumors of the ezm kit being rather happytimeish is this true? are there refinements in the works? what do i get for the big bucks im thinking on spending on this kit? please elaborate inquireing minds wanna know!! ill spend the bucks if im getting my moneys worth!! it sounds & looks so good on video, i want one, but am a little aprehensive yet. -happytime chain tensioner ect!

Wavy, I'll leave it for Quenton to answer your question definitively, but I'd like to add my observations based on the beta kit I received. First, and I cannot emphasize this enough, what is out there right now are beta kits. They are not completely representative of the production examples in every way. So let me go into some details.
The engine is not a 2-stroke like the Happy Times, but a four-stroke. The primary engine is a Hua Sheng F-142 engine, which is a copy of the Honda GX50. The Honda is an optional engine, but would be at higher cost I'm sure. The drive (or gearbox if you want to call it that) is completely US-made, and is unlike anything else I've seen so far. To get this proven engine and still experimental drive to those testing them (like me), off the shelf items were sourced to fast track this. This means that fuel tanks that are virtually identical to the HT tanks are in the beta kits. Mounts from other kits are being used to help develop a mount that will be the final production configuration. The chain tensioners are there for those who need (or wish) to use them. I didn't need to use it in the traditional role on my build, but used the bracket alone as a rear drive mount to give extra stability. I'm no lightweight, so I want to give the engine mounts as much help as I can. The rear sprocket is probably a standard 50-tooth like those in the kits, but the one on mine was noticeably thicker gauge than those on my two 48cc GruBee powered bikes. Oh, and the chain is the heaviest I've seen used on a MB.
So there are some parts being used on the beta kits that are very much like those in a HT kit. But (from what I understand through my talks with Quenton) most of those parts will in time be replaced by those under development by EZM.

Wavy, I'll leave it for Quenton to answer your question definitively, but I'd like to add my observations based on the beta kit I received. First, and I cannot emphasize this enough, what is out there right now are beta kits. They are not completely representative of the production examples in every way. So let me go into some details.
The engine is not a 2-stroke like the Happy Times, but a four-stroke. The primary engine is a Hua Sheng F-142 engine, which is a copy of the Honda GX50. The Honda is an optional engine, but would be at higher cost I'm sure. The drive (or gearbox if you want to call it that) is completely US-made, and is unlike anything else I've seen so far. To get this proven engine and still experimental drive to those testing them (like me), off the shelf items were sourced to fast track this. This means that fuel tanks that are virtually identical to the HT tanks are in the beta kits. Mounts from other kits are being used to help develop a mount that will be the final production configuration. The chain tensioners are there for those who need (or wish) to use them. I didn't need to use it in the traditional role on my build, but used the bracket alone as a rear drive mount to give extra stability. I'm no lightweight, so I want to give the engine mounts as much help as I can. The rear sprocket is probably a standard 50-tooth like those in the kits, but the one on mine was noticeably thicker gauge than those on my two 48cc GruBee powered bikes. Oh, and the chain is the heaviest I've seen used on a MB.
So there are some parts being used on the beta kits that are very much like those in a HT kit. But (from what I understand through my talks with Quenton) most of those parts will in time be replaced by those under development by EZM.
thanks so much for the info killroy & i cant wait to see how this kit develops, its what weve all been waitung for , 4 stroke in the frame- way cool!! go quenton!

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest update.

First let me say I hope I don't upset a few of our competitors on this site with this announcement.

Because of demand we are opening the east coast warehouse, assembly, R & D, and test facility in North Carolina. Our Corporate office has always been located here, and many of the proto-type parts were made at this location in the past.

It was decided that I have too much time on my hands; therefore the corporate officers [thanks, Mike, Chuck, & Randy] think I need to invest the rest of my 24-day to EZM.

The warehouse is now filling up with inventory, and I will soon personally inspect every single kit prior to shipping. Our east coast dealers will now see reduced shipping costs and much faster delivery times because of the additional location.

If this post is in violation of any new rules, please advise me because I am not sure of the reason or totally understand the new vendor control system.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Back