Disc brakes for ooc stingray

BeastMode84

Local time
4:59 AM
I have a 100cc motor on a ooc stingray with a 20 x 4 tire on it I'm looking for a set of disc brakes to put on the back it front and back if possible..
Anyone have any ideal what size I should order or where to order them from anything will help thanks

I have a 100cc motor on a ooc stingray with a 20 x 4 tire on it I'm looking for a set of disc brakes to put on the back it front and back if possible..
Anyone have any ideal what size I should order or where to order them from anything will help thanks
I'll start off with saying I know very little about bikes themselves and even less about the OCC.

You will need to replace your wheel, or re-spoke with a new axle that has a disc mount.

Same story with the front.

Then you will need to figure out how to mount calipers this means fabricating your own clamp on mount, or welding if you are able.

This might help with the back https://www.amazon.com/BBR-Tuning-A...6&psc=1&mcid=8fff60c1cd983bce82d1e0ca3e81dc07

From everyone I've seen thus far, the OCC takes a lot of ingenuity and effort to get road worthy and reliable.

Maybe someone will chime in with one of these frames.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I unfortunately haven't started my occ build yet, but I recon you only really need a rear disc as the front is most of your braking power anyway. I would stick with the rear rim brake.

Now onto the front.

Do you have a welder, angle grinder, and drill? If so it will be so much cheaper to make a front disc mount on the front end. @michael whiteman made his own caliper mount and welded it on there. You will still however need to either relace the occ wheel onto a disc brake hub or replace the wheel entirely.

If you can't make your own I would just order the cdh power triple tree forks with a disc brake mount.

I put a hydraulic brake with the largest 210mm rotor on the front of my OCC bike. You can follow along starting on page 2. It's in forum General Discussion titled Building Michael's OCC with a 79cc Predator. I hope the clutch will help slow me down because I'll have only one brake. The posts are still in the rear so I can reinstall the factory brakes if I need to later. You need to find a new front wheel that has a disc brake and fabricate the mount yourself. I have no advise for you on the rear. Too many things to consider starting with what engine are you planning to use and will you be able to use the pedals ?

Back