My next project - Tadpole Trike

gotta ask is the eagle a homage to Sheldon Brown, who used to have one on his helmet?
Also gotta say you built a sweet ride I'm eyeing up my ice trice home built copycat now

Actually, Scottm was talking about eagle emblems in a thread a while back. I guess you could say it's homage to Scottm and Augie. (Perhaps you had to be here (in this forum) while the thread was developing)

The trike is an almost ideal platform for motor assist. I don't even call it a motor assisted bike much anymore. I refer to it as my personal commuter vehicle. Suspension would be nice. What are your front spindle dimensions?

omg, van!

i know you understand why i can't catch all the threads as much anymore, i'm fabbin' too :)

besides, you lost me several pages ago...your learning curve sure has skyrocketed since that first hesitant email about the lifan...dang-dude! :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-295F.JPG
    MVC-295F.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Someone gave Augi a trike with 2 eagles on the fenders and one was broken. I was on a mission to find one and found two in an antique mall in the first booth I came to. Karma:D Our own MBc fashion statement? I had thought about sticking one on my helmet like Sheldon though.

It's hard to believe all that snow is gone and it's beautiful lush and green. Must be pure joy to ride around in. Great work Van.

Attachments

• silvereagle1.jpg
    silvereagle1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 509
van man what are you going to be towing a one ton truck or a tractor ???:eek::eek:
i weigh 450 lbs and i think that would be more motor than i need.:Dby the way , where can i get one???:D:D

Green, I need to haul groceries, etc, 33 miles home from town, and I feel the need to do it at 30 mph.:) I got the engine off ebay. Hooper Imports would be a good source, and they are pretty helpful, and ship fast.

I spruced up the trailer a bit to match the trike.

100_0152_1.jpg

100_0153_1.jpg

A friend was cruising around off in the woods today. He came across this and immediately thought of the trike. It has a Honda sticker on it. No rust inside. I think it will look much better than the generator gas tank I'm using, and the seat looks pretty cushy. Now I will have to come up with some sort of handholds.
100_0154_1.jpg

100_0155_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alaska, that tank is off a Honda CT110, a trail bike, Honda made millions of them. I wonder how it got out there! Oh well Have fun, Dave

I just got the trike back on the road (A couple of days ago she threw the chain. No serious damage). It turned out that one mounting bolt had sheared, and I sheared another one trying to tighten it down enough to limp home. Back in Post#172, Egor suggested I make some kind of brace to the cylinder head (I think Zomby mentioned it to me in a PM, too). In Post#173, I said I'd put it on my "to-do" list. I'd guess that the bolts sheared because I never got around to that brace. It is now back at the top of my list.

wow, i don't believe this...i get to be the first one from the rally to bump this thread :D

i got to take this very groovy creation for a spin, and in it's weight & power class, i'm pretty sure there's never been another vehicle that's come close to having the personality of van's scoot. in every detail of the zoomer, genius flirts with insanity...and, if you ever get to spend some quality time with van you won't have any problem seeing how that could happen.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back