Putting together my Phantom.

I'm probably gonna send it back. I am pretty disappointed in it. Last time I ordered one for my mini bike the only complaint I had was the seam, but this one is worse on the seam showing (which I don't really care about, a thin layer of bondo would fix that), there are a bunch of little dings on it, and the gas cap hits the tank before going into the tank. Plus the cap didn't have keys so I had to go grab the one I didn't use on the last tank (yes, it is the same cap)

I'm probably gonna send it back. I am pretty disappointed in it. Last time I ordered one for my mini bike the only complaint I had was the seam, but this one is worse on the seam showing (which I don't really care about, a thin layer of bondo would fix that), there are a bunch of little dings on it, and the gas cap hits the tank before going into the tank. Plus the cap didn't have jeys so I had to go grab the one I didn't use on the last tank (yes, it is the same cap)
Yeah, that tank is huuuuge.

Maybe it's just me, but I really do like that big tank look on the Hyper. I know you are just going to send it back for other reasons besides looks, but I think if you cut out the bottom and re-worked it so the tank sat a couple of inches lower it would be kind of cool and unique.

Not sure I would want that much fuel that high on a bicycle, because the COG would be stupid high and it would want to do a barrel roll every chance it got.

Yeah... this tank looks way too big on here. Welp, maybe I'll cut it down and re weld it, maybe not. This project however is probably gonna be on hold for a few months. I've gotten really busy the past week and it's only getting busier
Told you so...lol

Sorry though. If it was scaled down it'd be really cool

Told you so...lol

Sorry though. If it was scaled down it'd be really cool
I forgot how big it actually was lol. I figured I could make it work for 50 bucks, but the gas cap is why I'm sending it back. I really do like the idea of making a tank, so I'm gonna price metal and if it costs the same as the other tank I'm looking at I'm just gonna make one

I forgot how big it actually was lol. I figured I could make it work for 50 bucks, but the gas cap is why I'm sending it back. I really do like the idea of making a tank, so I'm gonna price metal and if it costs the same as the other tank I'm looking at I'm just gonna make one
I know you're not big on them, but the monkey bike tank is the perfect fit and holds a gallon.

Back