Mini Trailer Motorized Bike Pusher

That is awesome. I didn't hear any bog down.
Where did you get the expanded box tubing at?

Hey Doc,
Nope ... not much bogging... I may even swap out a gear on the jackshaft and try to squeak out more top end. With the 10-1 ratio I am running now, I am at 27MPH and 30MPH if I peddle a bit. I wouldnt really want more than 35MPH... I think....LOL

The box tubing is from McMaster Carr in NJ. www.mcmaster.com Item# They have different sizes and the cool thing is that each size will next into the other! So you can create extendable assemblies. They call it " Steel Nestable Perforated Tubing"

-Walter

What are the legal concerns on with a pusher. I'm sure it varies per city. Here in LA, California, im pretty sure its under 2hp and under 50cc but would the third wheel be a problem do you think? Would a Briggs 2hp 4-stroke be more or less power then lets say a 40cc small engine 2-stroke?

Hey Doc,
Nope ... not much bogging... I may even swap out a gear on the jackshaft and try to squeak out more top end. With the 10-1 ratio I am running now, I am at 27MPH and 30MPH if I peddle a bit. I wouldnt really want more than 35MPH... I think....LOL

The box tubing is from McMaster Carr in NJ. www.mcmaster.com Item# They have different sizes and the cool thing is that each size will next into the other! So you can create extendable assemblies. They call it " Steel Nestable Perforated Tubing"

-Walter

At 35mph, your engine should be optimized with 15.45:1 gearing at 7000 rpm with 26" tires.

WOW, I remember seeing this trailer on YouTube way before I started building my 6.5HP trailer. This 50cc trailer seems quick and effective, and it motivated me to make a trailer of my own. I didn't even know at the time that it was also posted here at motoredbikes.

EXCELLENT trailer! Also sensationpdx hasn't been around in a while, I hope he comes back to see how popular trailers have become.

Back