Schwin OCC chopper tires

rickjhmn

Local time
2:15 AM
I have heard that the OCC bikes had a special rim of some kind and a regular fat bike tires will not fit/work on the rim. Is this true? If so new rear tires are a problem! Mine are quite weather checked and I will need to replace them. Better to just but a fat bike tire rim and tire? New to this forum and in the process of building a motorized bike for the grandkids.

Say Wrench, shouldn't one of those tire numbers you mentioned above reflect the 20 inch rim diameter?
I too will be coming up to this dicision fairly soon on my build. There are 20x4.5 tires on Amazon. Was also wondering how much heavier a MC tire is. Something to consider.

Just looked it up. 130/90/16 is a 16 inch tire. How do you mount this on a 20 inch rim?

Say Wrench, shouldn't one of those tire numbers you mentioned above reflect the 20 inch rim diameter?
I too will be coming up to this dicision fairly soon on my build. There are 20x4.5 tires on Amazon. Was also wondering how much heavier a MC tire is. Something to consider.
Dunlop D-402 130/90B-16
XLChopper6-01-13036_zpsdee20d73.jpg

here's a side by side comparison and they are both on OCC rims

Who would have known? that's why I love this forum. OK Distant World are you running the OCC hub on that monster? What size spokes? I'm trying to figure out my wheel right now.
i don't run the hubs adapters they always slipped on me so i always just used the basic rag joint and flipped the sprocket, stock spokes..
if you go-to a M/C wheel you run the PSI based on the RIM aka your OCCs PSI

and does it add some weight Yes

but does it last longer YES YES YES.

Back