Diy coffin tank

WEEDHOPPER420

Local time
1:50 AM
Alright here's the deal....
I hate my stock tank, it looks dinky as f**** on my occ. I really like the looks of a chopper style coffin tank but don't really have the ability right now to fabricate one nor the money to buy one, so I had a idea (yes im abit demented at times).
I was thinking about somehow creating a coffin tank outer shell around my stock tank therefore utilizing the functionality of the stock tank but achieve the style of the custom tank and was wondering if anyone has any experience with something like that or just some good ol educated guesses.
All input is appropriated so feel free to spit ball

Attachments

• IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 60
Alright here's the deal....
I hate my stock tank, it looks dinky as f**** on my occ. I really like the looks of a chopper style coffin tank but don't really have the ability right now to fabricate one nor the money to buy one, so I had a idea (yes im abit demented at times).
I was thinking about somehow creating a coffin tank outer shell around my stock tank therefore utilizing the functionality of the stock tank but achieve the style of the custom tank and was wondering if anyone has any experience with something like that or just some good ol educated guesses.
All input is appropriated so feel free to spit ball
Yes, this does work! With my cranbrook I took the old fake tank off my Massimo mini bike and put it on top of the kit tank. I stuck them together with a double sided sticky tape and filled the rest of the space with some spray foam. I sealed around the filler neck with some silicone so no water or spilt has could leak down. I think it came out looking better than the stock tank.

Attachments

• 20230715_131615.jpg
    20230715_131615.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230715_205212.jpg
    20230715_205212.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 51
I like the small tank on Mtn bike frames with a straight upper tube. On the curved upper tube they can look out of place.

The one I currently working on has a fat upper tube and the little gas tank would look silly, so I've been thinking of making or finding something that would fit under the rear rat trap. A rectangular box. Like a 3L olive oil can but smaller.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with this stuff.

I like the small tank on Mtn bike frames with a straight upper tube. On the curved upper tube they can look out of place.

The one I currently working on has a fat upper tube and the little gas tank would look silly, so I've been thinking of making or finding something that would fit under the rear rat trap. A rectangular box. Like a 3L olive oil can but smaller.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with this stuff.
My bike is an occ and im looking to give it that classic 70's 80's chopper motorcycle kinda style.
See im thinking something shaped like this, and sized relative to my bike but the same size ratio as in the pic give or take. And of course paneled and pinstriped 🤤🤤🤤

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-13-22-00-12-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-13-22-00-12-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 42
My bike is an occ and im looking to give it that classic 70's 80's chopper motorcycle kinda style.
See im thinking something shaped like this, and sized relative to my bike but the same size ratio as in the pic give or take. And of course paneled and pinstriped 🤤🤤🤤
I could probably make something like that, but not a super fancy paint job. I can do a nice paint job, just not fancy (yet).

Back